Easily the best browser out there. Quick, simple and now with google+ you basically don't need to do anything to get to where you need to go (but click the mouse)The lazy mans browser :)
Google launched the Chrome browser back in 2008, and hasn’t looked back since. It was designed with three things in mind: speed, simplicity, and security.
Google designed the Chrome browser to be fast in every possible way. It features a fast startup time and loads webpages quickly – a testament to its streamlined, clean and simple design.
Google Chrome has a number of features that are designed to maximize efficiency and ease of use. The most popular is the ability to sign in and sync your account on different computers and now even Android phones and tablets.
“Signing in to Chrome brings your bookmarks, apps, history, and other settings to all your devices,” notes Google. “Anything you update on one device instantly updates everywhere else, and your Chrome stuff is safe in case anything happens to your computer.”
Other features include:
- Translation in the browser - When the language on the web page does not match the language preferences set in the browser, Chrome will automatically ask to translate the web page into your preferred language.
- Apps - Web apps are advanced interactive websites. They may provide a wide-ranging set of features or focus on a single task like photo-editing or shopping.
- Themes - Customize your browser with themes from artists around the world.
- Extensions - Extensions let you add new features to your browser. For example, an email notifier extension can show an email alert in your browser toolbar so you don’t have to log in to your email in a separate window to check if you have new messages. There are also extensions that work silently in the background, such as an extension that automatically formats and displays web pages in your preferred style.
- New Tab page - Visit your favorite websites easily from the New Tab page. When you open a new tab, the sites you visit most often are readily available.
- Omnibox - Use the Omnibox to type both web addresses and searches in Chrome.
- Incognito mode - When you don’t want your website visits to be recorded in your browser history, you can browse in incognito mode.
- Tabs and Stability - Chrome is built for stability. If an individual tab freezes or crashes, the other tabs are unaffected. You can also arrange your tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Extensions offered in the Chrome Web Store are what have really made Google Chrome stand out as a browser of first choice in a field l littered with stale alternatives like Opera, Firefox, Safari, and (GASP) Internet Explorer.
We’ve already covered a great deal of Chrome extensions in-depth already, and will continue to do so in the future so stay tuned!Review by Jared Moya
Google Chrome has an average rating 3.8 out of 5 based on 9 user ratings.