Firewalls are stupid! Just get a good listed ip blocker and lock down your modem/router. A firewall does nothing to a hacker that sniff's your router, cracks the password and then locks in there mac address so that no matter what you install they always have access. That's how I have internet! lol!
Norton Personal Firewall – Connect to the internet on your own terms. Control what comes in and what goes out with automatic protection. Connect to the Internet on your own terms. With Norton Personal Firewall, you control what comes in and what goes out. A powerful firewall, it's your primary line of defense against hackers, automatically locking out intruders and protecting your identity and data while you're on the Internet.
The features and benefits of NPF are:
- Automatically blocks intruders and thieves.
- Hides your computer from hackers.
- Automatically detects Internet attacks, like the CodeRed and Blaster worms.
- Monitors and regulates all incoming and outgoing Internet traffic.
- Gives you the power to decide which programs connect to the Internet.
- Shields you from being attacked through security holes in unpatched software.
- Prevents confidential information from being sent without your permission.
- Blocks banner ads and popup windows, so you can surf faster.
- Sets up easily on your home network.
- Continues to protect when you connect your laptop to a different network.
- Now includes 12 months of protection updates and new product features as available throughout the year.
- On-going Protection keeps your computer protected from the latest Internet risks by automatically renewing your subscription at the regular subscription price (plus applicable tax)
The system requirements of the program are:
- Windows 98/98SE/2000/NT/XP/2003
- 300MHz or higher processor
- 128 MB of RAM
- 125 MB of available hard disk space
- DVD or CD drive
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 or later (6.0 recommended)
Norton Personal Firewall has an average rating 3.0 out of 5 based on 1 user ratings.