MSN Messenger for Mac makes it easy to take advantage of the full power of instant messaging. By using MSN Messenger, you can see when your friends, family, and coworkers are online and then communicate with them instantly. It can also notify you when new messages arrive in your MSN Hotmail Inbox, if you have a Hotmail account, and provide the latest news and headlines from MSN.
Rapid response is the name of the game for Mac users who don't have the time for a round of phone tag, especially at work. With this in mind, we've overhauled Microsoft Messenger for Mac, giving it an entirely new look and business-oriented features that include better security and support for users on a corporate network.
Get answers about upgrading; using Messenger for Mac behind a corporate firewall; sending files; displaying pictures; saving conversations and more. Start taking advantage of the full power of instant messaging today. It has an all-new look, improved business security features and it’s available for free.
The brushed steel skin, great new icons and new "Personal" and "Corporate" tabs make this dual-purpose program just as stylish and intuitive as other Mac programs. Chat securely behind your corporate firewall with Live Communications Server 2005. Maximize communication while keeping control of critical company information.
If your organization uses Live Communications Server 2005, you can chat with outside contacts on networks including Yahoo®, AOL®, AIM®, MSN® and iChat®. Control the status of your personal and business accounts by synchronizing them or setting one to “busy” while the other one indicates you are online.
Some of the other features include:
- Global Address Look up – Easily add contacts from your company’s global address list to your contacts list if you are on a corporate network using Live Communications Server 2005.
- Redesigned Preferences – Graphic controls to the intuitive new preferences make it easy to customize displays, history settings and more.
- Customizable Display Picture – Easily change your display name and picture depending on the account you are using.
- Multiple File Transfer – Sharing files is easier since you can drag and drop more than one file at a time right into the chat window.
- Animated and Customized Emoticons – Choose from a new selection of animated emoticons to liven up your messages, and see custom emoticons sent from your friends.
MSN Messenger For Mac has an average rating 3.0 out of 5 based on 1 user ratings.