GOIM (Gamers Own Instant Messenger) is a full featured jabber / XMPP client with special features (extensions) for gamers. (e.g. broadcasting a notification when you join a server, or seeing which games others play and joining them with one click on the game icon beside their name). It also features an InGame Messenger which supports most DX8 games and supports the jabber XFireGateway which allows communication/presence changes/game status changes with your XFire buddies.
Currently there are two different contact lists. One simple which is based on a tree component and a more fancy variation which is currently not maintained and therefore not recommended for usage. (unless i find someone to continue development on it)
Beside every contact you can see which games someone is playing online and in the tooltip you can see the server IP or server name depending on the game. You can connect to the same server by simply clicking on one of the icons.
Here is a list of the main features of GOIM:
- Basic Messenge/Presence features (see also JEPs)
- VCard Editor
- Jabber Search
- Service Discovery / Gateway registrations
- History Viewer
- Better Windows integration (e.g. add menu to tray icon & co)
Here is a list of the planned features of GOIM:
- In-Game Messenger for DirectX games
- Game Statistics of Kills/Deaths/ for Games (Basic time statistics partially implemented already)
- Broadcast Match requests – planned is that people subscribe e.g. to [email protected] and can then request matches like ut2k4 1on1 server available (of course with a proper user interface and filtering)
- History Viewer
- Implementing Google Talk specific jabber extensions (e.g. voip)
Review by Jared Moya
GOIM has an average rating 0 out of 5 based on 0 user ratings.