Gizmo is an internet telephone. As simple as an instant messenger. Now you're talking. Make all your calls from the comfort of your desktop. With Gizmo, it's point, click, talk. For free. Say goodbye to high price calling, and say hello to anyone online, anywhere on earth. Gizmo Project uses your internet connection (broadband or dial-up) to make calls to other computers. With the click of a mouse, you’re connected to friends, family, and colleagues anywhere on earth. It’s just that simple. You talk clearly. For as long as you want. For free.
And with inexpensive add-ons like Call In and Call Out, you can talk to any telephone–mobile or landline–on the planet. Any phone? Yes, download Gizmo Project, and suddenly it all clicks–some calls are better online. With Call Out, you can call any landline or mobile phone with super cheap Call Out Credits. Super cheap? How does 1.0 cents a minute sound? Enter any number into Gizmo Project and dial away. It rings like a normal phone, sounds like a normal phone, it only costs less. You only pay for the call you make. There are no monthly fees, no connection fees, and all billing is per minute. Simple, inexpensive, great quality.
Why shoud you use Gizmo?
- It?s free!
- Free calls to all Gizmo users.
- Free Voicemail and Conference Calls.
- Super clear call quality.
- Inexpensive add-ons that let you make and receive calls from any mobile phone or landline.
Relative to the screenshot below the features are:
The features of the Gizmo program include:
- Instant Messaging (IM) – Click on the IM icon next to your contacts name and you can instantly text message other Gizmo Project users.
- Free Mobile phone and Landline Conference Calling – The Gizmo Project network provides a free conference calling system. Using FreeConferenceCallTM you can conduct a conference call between mobile phones, landlines, and Gizmo Project users.
- SIP Number – Your Gizmo Project account has two important identifiers. The first is your Gizmo name. The second is the SIP number, which is automatically assigned to your account. With this number, VoIP networks can reach your Gizmo account free.
- Access Numbers – Access Numbers are a gateway to make calls to your Gizmo from the old phone system. With a simple, two-step dialing procedure, anyone on any phone can give your Gizmo a ring.
- Calling Other VoIP Networks – You can make calls to and receive calls from VoIP networks all over the world, including Asterisk-based networks. Even some universities have begun connecting their campus networks.
- Call Recording – Your Gizmo software has call recording functionality built in. At the top of the call drawer, you’ll see three buttons which allow you to mute, hold or record a call. Learn more about this powerful feature, and some important restrictions.
- SIP Adapters – Super simple software not enough? If you are interested in making and receiving Gizmo calls with a regular telephone (even if your computer is turned off), you can, and it’s cheaper than you might think. Learn more about these Gizmo friendly phone adapters.
Gizmo has an average rating 3.0 out of 5 based on 2 user ratings.