McAfee Anti-Virus can fix from family photos to tax returns, many of the things you value and need most can be found on your PC. To protect the security of your valuable documents, Anti Virus automatically scans and cleans files, e-mail messages, and downloads, as well as e-mail and instant message attachments.
It protects irreplaceable files, such as family photos and personal financial documents, identifies spyware and adware before they can run on your PC, cleans viruses and virus-like threats automatically, prevents the spread of viruses to other PCs and updates automatically to protect against new threats.
Here is a detailed list of the features of Anti-Virus:
- Automatic spyware and adware detection identifies, blocks, and removes identified potentially unwanted programs, such as spyware and adware, or other programs that jeopardize your privacy, identity or simply reduce PC performance.
- Automated, daily signature updates help keep your PC protected from recently discovered virus and spyware threats.
- Inline cleaning automatically cleans infections when virus, worm, Trojan, ActiveX control and Java applet threats are detected from.
- Comprehensive, fast and unobtrusive scans identify and remove viruses, Trojans, worms, unwanted programs, such as spyware and adware, dialers and other malicious virus-like applications without interrupting your work.
- WormStopper monitors suspicious mass-mailing behaviors and prevents the spread of viruses to friends, family, and co-workers.
- Script-Stopper technology prevents new, script-based threats like the "I Love You" virus.
Virus security alerts notify users of potential threats and provides information to avoid infection.
- 24/7, worldwide virus outbreak monitoring by McAfee's Antivirus Emergency Response Team (AVERT), who continually monitor worldwide virus activities and then provide immediate anti-virus protection and removal solutions to McAfee Anti-Virus users.
- Always-on protection from viruses, spyware and other Internet threats that may enter your PC via e-mail, instant message attachments, Internet downloads, and web browsing.
- Auto-updates run silently in the background, ensuring you’re always protected from evolving and emerging security threats.
- Real people, real help, for free. Our experts are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week via Internet chat.
Here is the list of main requirements for Anti-Virus:
- Intel® Pentium® or Intel® Celeron® processor running a minimum of 166 MHz
- 32 MB of RAM
- Minimum 38 MB free disk space
- Microsoft® Windows® NT 4.0 SP6 or greater
- Microsoft Windows XP Home and Professional SP1 Microsoft
- Windows 2000 Professional SP3 or later
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, version 5.0 or higher
- NOTE: McAfee Anti-Virus 4.5.1 supports Microsoft Windows 98/ME
McAfee Anti-Virus has an average rating 1.7 out of 5 based on 3 user ratings.