I have your add on my computor.I would like it removed.I don't dare clip on it as it will infect my computor.So please remove it.
AdAware is a free multi spyware removal utility that scans your memory, registry and hard drives for known data mining, advertising, and tracking components (a.k.a. spyware) and lets you remove them safely. AdAware includes user-defined file sizes, which speeds up the scanning process by excluding files that it recognizes as clean. In addition, Ad-aware presents a summary of results, followed by a list where you select exactly which components will be removed, providing you with more user oriented control. AdAware quarantines the files it removes, a feature which lets you restore those you don't really want to get rid of while inhibiting their ability to run as spyware.
AdAware Personal provides advanced protection from known data-mining, aggressive advertising, Trojans, dialers, malware, browser hijackers, and tracking components. This software is downloadable free of charge. The Internet is a great information resource, but it is also, unfortunately, riddled with truly malicious software. Although most users are familiar with computer viruses, they may only vaguely understand a new variety of software threats that have emerged over the past few years. This menace takes many forms, but it can be broadly categorized as spyware, and the risks it brings include privacy invasions, online theft and reduced computer performance.
The product descrition:
- Scans fixed and removable drives, memory and Windows registry
- Detects known and unknown variants of malware by using the Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology
- Removes aggressive spyware and malicious content
- Takes advantage of a fully featured quarantine support
- Logs information about scans and malicious content removals
The benifits of AdAware:
- Users of Ad-Aware Personal can efficiently remove behavior-tracking spyware; thus protecting your privacy on the Internet
- Enhances your computer's performance by protecting against bandwidth stealing programs
- Provides greater computer security by removing keyloggers and other programs, which put passwords, credit card numbers, and other vulnerable data at risk online
- Allows you to stay abreast of spyware, not just a step behind, thanks to the Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology
The product information:
- Languages: Catalan, English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish,
- French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian,
- Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- File size: 2,7 MB
- Delivery: Internet download only (no CD)
Some of the requirements are:
- Processor: P166
- RAM: Operating system + 24 MB
- Browser: Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- Operating system platforms: Windows 98/98se/Me/NT4
- Workstation/NT4 Server/2000 Pro/2000 Server/XP
- Home/XP Pro/ XP 64-Bit Edition/Terminal Services
AdAware has an average rating 2.0 out of 5 based on 4 user ratings.
I downloaded Adware and am running full scan on Windows 7. It has been running for over 40 hours. ls that normal?
It used to be fast. Now it's too slow to be of practical use. I'm talking about the free edition. Ever since they went commercial, the free edition has become laughable.
Before switching to firefox I used this program all the time. Used to be one of the best programs available for the purpose. Although I can't really vouch for it anymore, I assume its still a top notch option.