SopCast is a simple, free way to broadcast video and audio or watch the video and listen to radio on the Internet.
It’s very, very easy to use and setup. You simply pick a Channel name and category, and then agree not to broadcast any content that disparages or disgraces the People’s Republic of China (where the site is hosted).
SopCast lets anyone become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server and vast bandwidth. You can build your own TV stations comparable with large commercial sites with minimal resources. Using SopCast, you can serve 10,000 online users with a personal computer and a home broadband connection.
SoP, the abbreviation of Streaming over P2P, SopCast is a Streaming Direct Broadcasting System based on P2P. The core is the communication protocol produced by Sopcast Team, which is named sop://, or SoP technology.
You can record the clips as they are streaming, and play them in Can play the stream with your favorite media player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
- Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
- Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
- Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
- Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
- Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
- Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
- Support for loop file playing.
- Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load.
- Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
- Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
- Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
- End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
- Freeware, not ad/spy ware.
SopCast is available for Windows, Linux, and even ANDROID devices.Review by Jared Moya
SopCast has an average rating 0 out of 5 based on 0 user ratings.