PowerFolder is a program to share/synchronize folders over the internet or on a local net. It uses peer-to-peer technology to exchange the files. This means you do not need a hosting server. Every client holds a local copy of the folder. It can be used to exchange every type of data for example music, photos, own documents or videos. PowerFolder automatically detects changes and synchronizes (configurable).
Since PowerFolder is a free product please understand that we can not provide 24/7 support for it, so you have to be patient with our answers to your questions. We offer the options below which you might consider in case you find a bug or you search for information not available in the existing documentation.
We have a chat room for discussion and support on the QuakeNet internet-relay-chat (IRC) network. You can connect by using the server irc.quakenet.org and join the #PowerFolder channel. Most of the team members are available there. We recommend to use the mIRC client, since it is the most popular Windows client to access those kind of networks.
Useful information and questions posted by either us or the user community can be found in the PowerFolder Forum. You are welcome to register yourself an account and post your questions, suggestions and critics there.
Some of the features of PowerFolder are:
- File synchronization between multiple PCs over Internet or Lan
- Supports multiple languanges
- Offers Private Networking
- Auto-detects changes
- Runs silently in system tray
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Easy installation and update, windows installer available
- Synchronize profiles control how folders get synchronized
- Pure peer-to-peer network. No server required
- MP3/ID3 tag support
- Out-of-Browser start (Java WebStart)
- Built-in compression of up- and downloads (GZIP)
- Link support for downloads like edonkey links
- Cross platform compatibility. PowerFolder is written completely in Java
- Automatically detects nodes on local net like windows network
- Intelligent upload / download strategy. Upload can be limited
- Integrated support for dynamic-dns addresses
- Icon support for folders on windows systems
PowerFolder has an average rating 0 out of 5 based on 0 user ratings.