audioGnome is a revolutionary client that allows you to connect to multiple opennap servers and other related servers. Unlike such programs as Napster or Morpheus, opennap servers are set up by music lovers like us. audioGnome has all of the features of Napster with a lot more features and server options. audioGnome is the quintessential tool for MP3, WMA and WAV lovers. With audioGnome you easily find and download the new music you love from anywhere in the world!
No more bombarded and outdated FTP sites. No more broken links. No more downloading from slow websites. No more html searches. We are working hard to make sure it stays that way! If you are a new artist then audioGnome is for you; share your new music worldwide! Need help or want to exchange views or information? Try NapChat to talk live with other users users, NapBoard to post questions and comments, or the FAQ for the information you need.
Getting connected to the audioGnome program:
- Connect to a server! First you need to connect to a server, just highlight a server you would like to connect to and click ‘Connect’ Note: You should of already have a default user name and password and your own profile in the profiles screen. If you want you could right click then click, “edit server settings”, then click “set user name” and set your own user name and password.
- Search! Next, search for your song, type in your song name or artist in the search field. Note: You can type both in, Example: Artist – songname or if you are looking for an artist such as “cher”, and lets say you dont want the word “ghost” to keep coming up in the results. All you have to do is type in “Cher -ghost” and all the songs with ghost wont show up.
- Download! Finally, right click on the file you want, then press download. You should see on your transfer screen the file getting the port and downloading. It will be saved in your directory you specified the client to save.Note if it times out or you get a queued message you may want to choose another file.
Some of the main features of audioGnome are:
- Connect – This will connect the server you have highlighted in either the upperright window or the lower window of the connect screen.
- Disconnect – This will remove you from any servers that you have highlighted in the lower screen of the connect screen.
- Get Servers – This will check the internet for new servers.
- Connet to New Servers – When checked, connections are attemepted to newly found servers.
- Connect at start-up – When checked, any active servers will be logged at shutdown and an attempt to connect to those servers will be made on the next start-up of audioGnome.
- Get servers as start-up – When checked, a search for new servers occurs at startup.
- Start with this screen – When checked, this screen will display first.
- Auto purge – When checked, some non-productive servers are occasionally moved to the recycle bin.
- Auto Select Productive – When checked, previous productive servers are connected to at start-up.
audioGnome has an average rating 3.0 out of 5 based on 2 user ratings.