FreeWire is a free software program that allows you to share files with millions of other users across the world. Based on LimeWire's open source technology, FreeWire uses the popular Gnutella protocol to allow you to share music, video, pictures, software, and any other type of files you have. Search for and share any type of file with FreeWire, the cutting edge peer-to-peer Gnutella client.
FreeWire is a file-sharing program based on LimeWire that connects users to millions of others through the ubiquitous Gnutella network. With it, you can search for, share, and download music (MP3s), movies, pictures, games, software, documents, and almost any other type of files. FreeWire implements multi-host 'swarm' downloads, advanced search filtering, bandwidth controls, automatic firewall detection, enhanced connection management.
FreeWire is an open source project released under the GNU General Public License. It's source code is free and was adapted from LimeWire's. Using the Gnutella protocol to connect millions of file sharing users across the world, this Java application is an ongoing project aimed at advancing peer-to-peer technology. FreeWire currently supports Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP (other platforms coming soon) running with the required Sun Java Runtime Environment. FreeWire allows users to share any type of file, and supports the most up to date Gnutella standards.
You can organize and play custom MP3 playlists with FreeWire's built-in MP3 player, and you can chat with other Gnutella users with the integrated chat utility. This major update adds themes and skins, much better network performance with magnet link support and browse host features. Also fixed are Java runtime bugs. This version features minor improvements and bug fixes.
Some of the FreeWire features include:
- NO nags, NO banner ads, NO links to online shopping in the program
- Fastest searching, most complete and full-featured Gnutella client
- Ability to run multiple searches at once in a slick and intuitive user interface
- Refine searches by file type (audio, video, etc.), or MP3 metainformation (artist, song name, etc.)
- Play and create MP3 playlists with the built-in MP3 player
- Download from multiple hosts (swarm downloads) and leverage "Ultrapeer" technology for fastest most efficient filesharing.
- Integrated Chat feature allows you to communicate with other users, and Browse Host allows you to check out their shared files
- "Wishlist" auto-search and download feature, supports SHA1 hashing, Bitzi metadata lookup, and more.
- New! Queue support with other major Gnutella programs – first-come first-serve basis for downloaders.
- New! FreeWire supports skins! Also new connection algorithms allow for improved search results and network performance.
The requirements of FreeWire are:
- Windows 95/98/Me/NT(SP6)/2000/XP (other platforms coming soon)
- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE),
FreeWire has an average rating 3.3 out of 5 based on 30 user ratings.
My limewire and dexterwire doesn"t want to work. it keeps on giving we the same message - could not find the main class: com.limegroup.gnutella.gui.main, Program will exit. I f anyone can please help?