aMule is the all-platform eMule, it is a eMule-like client for ed2k network, supporting Linux, BSD platforms, Solaris, MacOSX and Win32 (soon). It was forked from xMule project back in september 2003 (not related to it anymore, except little bits of old code), to drive it to a brand new direction and quality. Uses wxWidgets (formely known as wxWindows) for multiplatform support.
All platform eMule P2P client
aMule is a spinoff project of xMule, a client based in eMule, the famous P2P client. Clients use several networks to create one reliable network. (ED2K, Source Exchange, Kad) eMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network. eMule is completely free. eMule is also completely free of any Adware, Spyware, and ect. Each file is checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file. The eMules Intelligent Corruption Control helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
Auto priorities and Source management allows you to start many downloads without having to monitor them. The Preview function allows you to look at your Videos and Archives before they are completed. For video previewing, the Video Lan Client is recommended. The eMule features webservices and a webserver that allow you to have quick access to and from the internet. You can create categories for your download to organize them.
To find the file you want, eMule offers a wide range of search possibilities which include servers (Local, and Global), web based (Jigle, and Filedonkey), and Kad (Still in Alpha). eMule also allows you to use very complex Boolean searches that make the searches much more flexible. With the messaging and friend system, you can send messages to other Clients and add them as friends. In your friend list, you can always see if a friend is online. With the build in IRC client, you can chat with other downloaders and chatters around the globe.
aMule has almost all features of the eMule client, which are:
- Clients use two networks to create one reliable network (ED2K, Source Exchange).
- aMule's Queue and Credit system helps to ensure that everyone will get the file he wants by promoting those that upload back to the network.
- aMule uses the new server protocol like zlib.
- IPFilter reload and "use / don't use" functions (no need to close aMule anymore).
- Localisation: aMule is availabe in more than one language.
- Download Queue: progressbar only – percentage only – both.
- Systray integration.
- Online Signature.
- Leecher ban: Some people use unsocial clients, these clients are banned by aMule.
- aMule is completely free (just like eMule). aMule does not contain Adware or Spyware.
- Each file is checked for corruptions while downloading to ensure an error free file.
- Intelligent Corruption Handler (ICH) helps to speed up the correction of corrupted parts.
- Auto priorities and source management allow you to start many downloads without having to monitor them.
- The Preview function allows you to look at your videos and archives before they are completed.
- You can create categories to organize your downloads.
- aMule offers a lot of search possibilities which are servers (local and global) and direct browser integration.
- Messaging and Friend system: you can send messages to other clients and add them as friends.
- aMule supports updating the server list from an URL during run-time.
- PowerShare function: better handling of your shared files (release).
aMule special features:
- Slot allocation: you can choose how the upload is distributed. For example, if you have 20 kb/s for your maximum upload, you can set slot allocation to 10 kb/s which means that you will upload to two users with 10 kb/s each.
- Amulecmd & amulecmdDLG: command line interface or graphical command line interface, to connect to your running aMule and get status or send commands.
- Works locally and from remote clients. NOTE! amulecmd and amulecmdDLG also work in Windows! You can control your linux box from your office's windows
- Fast ED2K Link handler at the bottom of every page (can be disabled on preferences.
- Save 5 sources on rare files (<20 sources).
- Refreshtimer for the DL/UP list.
Useful Links for aMule:
OS X package:
Mailing list archive:
We at Zeropaid are here to guide you along your setup and we suggest you have a look at our eMule and eDonkey FAQ to solve any of the problems that you may come across. If this doesn't help with what your exactly looking for, then don't hesistate to check out the Zeropaid BBS and it's active forums of our many members.Review by Jared Moya
aMule has an average rating 3.3 out of 5 based on 3 user ratings.