uTorrent is a the most popular BitTorrent client, distributed by the creators of the BitTorrent protocol. uTorrent was designed to use as little of the computer’s resources as possible while offering a lot of the functionality expected from ‘full-featured’ clients, such as Azureus and BitComet. To get started using uTorrent, read this article on how to get started downloading using uTorrent.
- Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled – Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 220.127.116.11, and now BitComet 0.63) and peer exchange.
- Resource-Friendly – µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources – typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren’t there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 160 KB in size.
- Skinnable and Localized – Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. µTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn’t available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
- Actively Developed and Improved – The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user friendly. Releases only come out when they’re ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Protocol Encryption
- RSS Broadcatching/Toolbar Button
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Customizable search bar and icons
- Localized to different languages
- Multiple simultaneous downloads
- Incredibly small: 155 KB
uTorrent has an average rating 4.0 out of 5 based on 520 user ratings.
Anyone like QBtorrent? Can't remember why I switched to it from uTorrent, but it seems pretty good to me. Never had more than a half dozen torrents at a time but seems light and works well.
*sigh* i used utorrent but for what ever reason i cant download ANY magnit links...and on most torrents thats all there is...so im using bittorrent to download my torrents and if super good :D
Used to use A LOT LESS resources. Suddenly they start bulking it up and making it super slow.
Guess I gotta find another bittorrent client, 'cause uTorrent is no longer slim and trim, it's fat and slow.
My favorite BitTorrent client of all time. uTorrent has many features that other BitTorrent software don't have.
This is the best torrent software I have ever had. uTorrent is easy to use, faster when downloading: could you believe I could download almost 15 DVD movies in a single day. I recommended this software to most of my friends and it seems they are enjoying it more than me. Anyone who needs faster torrent downloads should use uTorrent and you'll never be disappointed.