Tomato Torrent is a Macintosh BitTorrent client. BitTorrent promotes the accessibility of data on the Internet by allowing anyone to share information with a large audience For more information, take a look at the pretty images at the bottom of the page.
The main goal of this project was to separate the BitTorrent code from the Macintosh code, so that either can be updated without having to modify the other. I got 80% of the download Windows current functionality implemented within 3 days of starting the project. Then I decided to finish just a bit more, and the project just kept getting bigger and bigger.
Tomato Torrent is a BitTorrent client for computers running Apple Computer’s Mac OS X operating system. Tomato Torrent is currently built on the 4.2 branch of the original BitTorrent client, with the program structured to separate the BitTorrent code from the Macintosh code. The program currently needs Mac OS X 10.2 or higher.
Some of the Tomato Torrent Features Include:
- Built on BitTorrent 4.2.0
- Remembers recent downloads and where you’ve saved them to, making resumes quick and easy
- Shows detailed download statistics
- Shows detailed information about torrent files
- User interface for torrent generation allows you to specify torrent comments
- User interface for starting a torrent tracker on your Mac
- Most BitTorrent options are fully customizable
- Supports Unicode torrents
Review by Jared Moya
Tomato Torrent has an average rating 2.8 out of 5 based on 4 user ratings.