MediaMonkey is the music organizer and media jukebox for serious collectors. It catalogs CDs, OGG, WMA, MPC, FLAC, APE, and MP3 audio files. Manage a music library consisting of small to very large collections (50,000+ ) of audio files and playlists. Whether they're located on your hard drive, CDs, or a network. Organize, browse, or search music by Genre, Artist, Year, Rating, etc., and never waste your time trying to find mp3s you know you have.
Synchronize with iPods and other Portable Audio Devices in seconds. Simply configure MediaMonkey once, and then click the Synchronize button to synchronize tracks and related properties including Album Art, ratings, play history, and playlists with a broad range of portable devices. With Volume Leveling, the tracks will even play back on your device at consistent volumes!
Record CDs to your hard drive with fast on the fly encoding, using a number of high-quality digital audio formats (using the OGG encoder, the LAME MP3 encoder*, the WMA encoder, or the FLAC encoder). MediaMonkey's CD Ripper rips the CDs, automatically fills in track properties via freedb, and adds the files to your music library.
Convert audio files from almost any audio format to OGG, MP3, WMA, or WAV files, and preserve tag information when converting from OGG, MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, FLAC or MPC! The MP3 converter, OGG converter, WMA converter, WAV converter and FLAC converters can also be used to convert from other audio formats using input plug-ins.
The main features of the MediaMonkey program are:
- Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface
- Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata
- Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down
- Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume
- Record CDs into OGG, MP3, FLAC and WMA files
- Convert MP3s, OGG, FLAC and WMA files into other formats with the Audio Converter
- Create playlists and music mixes quickly and easily to suit any occasion
- Synchronize with iPods / MP3 players effortlessly and convert tracks on-the-fly
The requirements of the MediaMonkey program are:
- MediaMonkey runs on Windows platforms only. It has been tested on Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. Simply double-click the downloaded file to install it.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of MediaMonkey Gold, simply install the standard version–your Gold license will automatically convert the standard version into Gold. If you first uninstalled your current Gold version of MediaMonkey, you'll need to re-enter your license key to access the Gold features.
- MediaMonkey is available in other languages as well. To enable other languages, download and double-click the language pack file to copy the language files to the MediaMonkey directory. Restart MediaMonkey and change the language via the Tools|Options|General menu.
MediaMonkey has an average rating 3.0 out of 5 based on 2 user ratings.