Windows Media Player
NOTE: The latest Beta version of Windows Media Player 11 has been released and it available for review and download here!
Windows Media Player is the all-in-one media player that provides the best experience for discovering, playing, and taking your digital entertainment anywhere – on Windows XP-based PCs and the widest choice of portable devices. Explore the exciting new possibilities available to you with Windows Media Player 10. The Player provides you with a seamless experience for finding and buying digital music and video, playing it on any computer running Windows XP, and enjoying it anywhere on a wide choice of portable players and in-home devices.
Here are some of the Windows Media Player features:
- Streamlined Design – The Player provides faster access to top activities, such as ripping, burning, and syncing. You can also fine-tune the layout, choose from a range of online music and video stores and services, and much more.
- Improved Media Library – All of your digital media in one place: purchased music and video, music ripped from CDs, recorded TV, and more.
- One Click Access to Common Tasks – With just one click, do what you want with your music. The library has a new pane where you can drag and drop files to play, save as a playlist, sync to a portable device, or burn to a CD.
- Menus are Out of Your Way – The menu bar is hidden by default in Windows Media Player 10. You can access the menus or show the menu bar by clicking the button in the upper-right corner of the Player.
- Personalize the Player – You can resize Windows Media Player 10 any way you want by clicking and dragging or make it ultra-small with mini Player mode. Read this article to learn more. Visit our skins and visualizations galleries to get a new look for your Player.
- More Media Info – View more information about the digital media you play: album art, biographies, reviews, related artists, music videos, and more.
- Check Out Your Favorite Store – The Digital Media Mall lets you shop for the latest tracks from your favorite artists right in the Player. Select the store you are interested in and look for your favorite songs, movies, and videos.
- Radio Tuner – Tune into a world of streaming radio stations from within Windows Media Player 10. With nearly 2,000 stations available, you can find everything from regional music to talk radio, sports, comedy, and much more.
The requirements of the Windows Media Player include:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- A 233 megahertz (MHz) processor, such as an Intel Pentium II or Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor
- 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- 100 MB of free hard drive space
- Video card with 64 MB of RAM (video RAM or VRAM) and DirectX generation
- 16-bit sound card, speakers or headphones
Windows Media Player has an average rating 3.8 out of 5 based on 4 user ratings.