QuickTime - When you distribute your media in QuickTime, you automatically gain access to a massive platform. Available for both Windows and Mac, QuickTime was downloaded more than 350 million times. Moreover 98% of those downloads were from PC users, at a rate of over 10 million per month. QuickTime offers a mature platform with thousands of professional and consumer authoring applications.
Tens of thousands of software titles use QuickTime to deliver media. More than 250 digital devices ship QuickTime with their products as the media player of choice. Thousands of enhanced CDs deliver a multimedia experience beyond music with QuickTime. And more than 25,000 Web sites refer customers to the QuickTime download every day. Every one from auto sites, musicians, the BBC, and the best movie trailer site on the Web uses QuickTime and increases its distribution.
Create an immersive, interactive experience for your customers using a variety of media types and formats beyond just audio and video. The QuickTime file format is a track-based, container-like format that enables you to combine almost any media (audio, video, still images, text, VR, Flash animations, chapters and even alternate languages) in a single movie. What’s more, you can automate your digital media workflow on both Mac and Windows with AppleScript and Automator support.
The QuickTime multimedia architecture contains over 2,500 fully documented, cross platform APIs allowing software developers to leverage QuickTime’s capabilities in authoring, multimedia and entertainment applications. Easily make your application multimedia enabled with QuickTime. Let QuickTime do the heavy lifting so you can focus on the rest.
Here are some of the many features that QuickTime includes:
- QuickTime Broadcaster – Produce professional-quality live events for online delivery to the desktop or mobile phone — quickly, easily and affordably
- QuickTime Streaming Server – Stream your live and on-demand media in real time to the desktop or mobile phone with this industrial-strength, standards-based server. Deliver everything from QuickTime movies to H.264 standards-based video to an internet radio station.
- MPEG-2 Playback Component – Show your pro encoding work to clients or transcode your MPEG-2 video streams to other QuickTime formats with this add-on to QuickTime Player or QuickTime Pro.
- Do It In QuickTime – With a rock-solid foundation that you can trust and a host of innovative features that create the most cutting-edge multimedia experiences for your customers, QuickTime is the obvious choice for all of your digital media needs.
The Windows requirements of QuickTime are:
- A Pentium processor-based PC or compatible computer
- At least 128MB of RAM
- Windows 2000/XP
The Macintosh requirements of QuickTime are:
- 400 MHz G3 processor or faster
- At least 128 MB of RAM
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or later
QuickTime has an average rating 2.0 out of 5 based on 4 user ratings.