ratDVD is a new method of compressing DVDs, using RatDVD you can compress an entire DVD movie to about 1-3 gigs. In most cases DVDs are around 8-9 gigs, including menus, bonus features, audio, subtitles and video Angles. People using P2P networks can share or download these .ratDVD containers with ease. Once a DVD is compressed using ratDVD, the file can be played on your PC or converted back into a readable DVD format without loosing quality in the process. Users of ratDVD will need the following; Microsoft Windows XP, DirectX 9.0, and Windows Media Player 10.
ratDVD does not support encrypted DVDs. They need to be decrypted before they can be used with ratDVD. For decrypting the regular DVD movies, download DVD Decrypter. ratDVD takes a full featured DVD movie and puts it into a highly compressed .ratDVD container format file of about 1.x GB in size – while preserving all the features of the original DVD. ratDVD keeps movie versions (Directors Cut, Theatrical version, etc.), Alternate story endings, making of, video commentary , cut scenes
ratDVD is designed to offer the highest possible compatibility. ratDVDs can be converted back to full size, full featured DVDs compatible with ANY DVD player. No fancy MPEG-4 functions needed and you have a real DVD for your “physical archive”. Double clicking a ratDVD file allows playback in Media player (or Zoom, MPC, etc.) with the complete DVD feature set.
Here is a list of the features of the ratDVD program:
- Full anamorphic picture, 16:9, 4:3, Pan/Scan, WideScreen, Lettorbox based on original DVD video content.
- Support for full seamless branching
- Up to 9 multiple video angles and 8 audio tracks
- Up to 32 subpictures not limited to text (e.g. animated anecdotes)
- Keep movie versions (Directors Cut, Theatrical version, etc.),
- Alternate story endings, making of, visual commentary , cut scenes, animated anecdotes, etc…
- Constant Quality and Constant Average Bitrate transcoding modes
- Keep or remove multiple audio channels in any format
- Transcode any AC-3 5.1 audio channel without detoriation loss to AC-3 VS
- Fully working original DVD menus, title navigation, quick seeking and bonus features
- Optinal removal of titles while keeping the DVD navigation structure functional
- IMDB connected XML tagging scheme with automatic search for title, actors, directors, plot and DVD cover
- High speed analyze mode with detailed information about DVD content for size prediction
- Optional, anonymous sharing of DVD analyze results
- Playback in wide variety of media centers and players
- ratDVD naming scheme automatically appends content based naming extensions to ratDVD files to allow for easy finding the content you want.
- Directly burn or create ISOs from the application.
- Open plug-In interfaces to support multiple input- and output formats
- Support for 4,7GB and 9GB DVD media as destination media
- Reliable high quality ZIP based, check-summed container
- Display of tagging information in windows explorer
- Available in more than 25 languages
- Works on all available Windows Operating Systems
- Can be fully automated with comand line options
ratDVD has an average rating 2.3 out of 5 based on 3 user ratings.