NVDVD – Millions of end users are harnessing the power of the PC to bring photos, videos, music, multimedia and DVDs to life in their living room, on their desktop and on the road. The next version of NVIDIA NVDVD multimedia software, NVIDIA NVDVD combines the ultimate video and audio playback with advanced features and intuitive controls to enable a home theater experience on any desktop or notebook PC. NVIDIA NVDVD is a full media player with play-list support, enabling users to create custom playlists of MP3 music, photo slideshows with background music, or any mixed audio and video presentation.
Here is a list of the nVidia NVDVD features:
- NVIDIA Sceneshare Technology – NVIDIA Sceneshare technology extends the DVD experience by allowing users to bookmark their favorite movie scenes and easily share them with other NVDVD users. Users can send sceneshares to their friends via e-mail or post them for download.
- Video on Desktop – For people who want their desktops to come alive with full motion movies, the “video on desktop” feature enables full desktop video playback in place of the standard Windows background with access to all desktop icons and applications.
- Full Media Player for a Complete Digital Experience – The NVIDIA NVDVD media player enables users to create custom playlists of MP3 music, photo slideshows with background music, or any mixed audio and video presentation. NVDVD supports all standard audio and video formats. You can even preview your homemade DVD movies files before you burn them onto disc.
- Dolby Audio Technology – Support for Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Pro Logic II, and Dolby Headphone technology ensures rich surround sound for all your speaker and headphone configurations.
- Highest Quality DVD Playback – NVIDIA NVDVD is designed to take advantage of graphics processing units (GPUs) to deliver crisp, vibrant and exceptionally smooth DVD playback. With full optimizations for NVIDIA graphics processors, NVIDIA NVDVD lowers CPU utilization and power consumption, enabling better multi-tasking on PCs and longer battery life in laptops.
- Bookmark Browser – Designed for users who do not have time to watch a complete movie at once, the bookmark browser allows users to index movie scenes for playback at a later time. The bookmark browser is integrated directly within the player window, storing thumbnail images of the bookmarked scenes for quick visual recognition and recall.
- Audio Capture – Capture and save up to 30 seconds of audio from any source. Now your favorite movie quotes can be directly integrated into your favorite Windows sound theme.
- Frame Capture – Enables users to capture screenshots of their favorite movie and save the images to a file, assign it as a Microsoft Windows background, or even send it to a friend with the click of a button.
- Custom Player Skins – NVIDIA NVDVD allows users to select the look and feel best suited for their playback environment. NVDVD comes standard with two unique skins, but users can easily create their own custom interfaces through NVDVD’s skin architecture tool.
- Speaker Setup Wizard and Audio Calibration – The NVIDIA NVDVD speaker setup wizard guides users through the speaker setup procedure so they can experience rich Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound quickly and easily. For advanced users who want to fine-tune their audio, the audio calibration page empowers users to completely control their audio experience.
- Full-screen User Interface – NVIDIA NVDVD is optimized for TV viewing by providing a full-screen user interface with an intuitive control docked to the bottom the screen. This single control allows users to easily navigate control of DVD playback in full screen mode.
- On-screen Displays – Provides users with visual feedback of current DVD mode. On screen displays are very useful when using the full screen user interface to get quick, visual feedback on NVDVD playback mode.
- Windows XP Media Center Edition and Windows XP Support – The NVIDIA NVDVD software interface is fully optimized for the latest technologies from Microsoft and can plug directly into Windows Media Player 9 Series for use on Windows XP Media Center Edition and Windows XP Professional and Home Edition, ensuring the best DVD experience on today’s newest multimedia PCs.
- NVIDIA nView Multi-Display Technology – Enabled only by NVIDIA GPUs, NVIDIA nView multi-display technology allows users to playback DVDs on any screen with full hardware acceleration for maximum viewing flexibility. NVDVD provides MPEG-2 decode acceleration on all displays by utilizing the Microsoft Video Mixing Renderer.
- Adaptive De-interlacing – NVIDIA NVDVD can access the advanced adaptive de-interlacing algorithms found on NVIDIA GPUs to deliver the highest quality video playback when displaying video content such as television programs on progressive displays (PC monitors).
- Karaoke Support – Allows you to sing along with your favorite songs with karaoke encoded DVDs.
The minimum system requirements of the program are:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me
- Intel® or AMD processor at 400 MHz or higher
- Hard Disk Space – 20 MB or higher
- System Memory – 32 MB or higher (64 MB for Windows XP)
- API – Microsoft DirectX® 8.0 or higher (www.microsoft.com/directx)
NVDVD has an average rating 3.0 out of 5 based on 2 user ratings.