dBpowerAMP Music Converter is a must have utility. It can convert many audio formats, and it can rip audio straight from CDs and LPs. It supports mp3 and Ogg Vorbis, and best of all it is completely free. They also claim to be the fastest audio CD ripper. Often called the Swiss army knife of audio, dMC can digitally rip sound from audio CDs to a multitude of formats. Convert from one format to another while preserving ID tags. Nearly every audio type is supported, including MP3, MP4, Windows Media Audio (WMA), OGG Vorbis, AAC, Monkey’s Audio, and FLAC (with optional installs from Codec Central).
Windows Explorer integration. Right-click convert to and pop-up information for audio files (such as bit rate and length). Record from LPs with auxiliary input. Version 11.5 updates MP3 decoder: freeform MP3 files supported, correct reading of all MP2 and MP1 files. Lame MP3 tag reading (will show profile used or encode in pop-up information). MP3 lame compression self converts incoming data to correct format (i.e. MP3 is only 2 channel, might be passing 6 channel audio) shouldn’t now be possible to get an MP3 encoder to fail.
Here are the main features of dBpowerAMP:
- Digitally Rip Audio CDs and compress to a multitude of audio formats
- Convert between audio formats whilst preserving ID Tags
- Practically every audio type is supported: mp3, mp4, m4a, Windows Media Audio (WMA), Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC) and many others from Codec Central
- Volume Normalize & apply DSP effects (Power Pack Option)
- Windows Explorer Integration: right click >> Convert To, popup info tips (bitrate, length)
- Explorer Columns
- ID tag editing (Power Pack Option)
- Record from LPs or anything with Auxiliary Input
- Fully compatible with Windows XP / 2000, etc
- CD Ripper boasts Fastest CD Ripping with AccurateRip included
- Free from nags, popups, hidden spyware or bundleware
- Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
- At least 3MB’s of free space
- A suggested 64MB of RAM and 1GHZ CPU
dBpowerAMP Music Converter has an average rating 3.6 out of 5 based on 8 user ratings.