Be among the first to check out Facebook Timeline, the upcoming new format for Facebook that turns your Facebook profile wall into a scrapbook of your life on the site.
Facebook is expected to launch Facebook Timeline, a radically redesigned profile wall, sometime in the next few weeks, but with a few easy steps you can check out Facebook Timeline right now for yourself before the rest of your friends and family do.
The steps revolve around becoming a “developer” for Facebook. Facebook is allowing developers to take an early test drive of Facebook Timeline in order to begin developing apps for the new. Now don’t worry, we’re going to submit a fake app – no coding required.
1. Go to your Facebook HOME page.
2. Type “Developer” in the search box and select the “Developer App” as shown below.
3. Select “Allow” for the Request for Permission.
4. Select “Create New App.” (upper right-hand part of screen).
6. Select “confirm” and enter the correct captcha code.
7. Select “Open Graph” from the left-hand column.
8. Enter “read” and then “book” in the spaces provided, and then select “Get Started.”
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Save Changes and Next.”
10. Select “Save Changes and Next.”
11. Select “Save and Finish.”
12. Go to your profile wall and select “Get It Now.”
13. Select “Publish Now.”
14. Your Facebook Timeline should now appear (upload a “cover” to customize it).
You’re all done. Now you can check out Facebook Timeline. Keep in mind that until Facebook Timeline goes live only developers can see Facebook Timelines. Nonetheless, it’s still a tantalizing look at the future of Facebook.