iPhone uTorrent webUI lets you check the status of active downloads, pause or resume them, or even add new ones.
iPhone users now have a means for controlling their BitTorrent downloads remotely thanks to a new uTorrent webUI recently released by “davidraso” in the uTorrent forums.
The webUI is both sleek and functional, allowing users to have several basic controls over the uTorrent BitTorrent client server.
He’s hoping to add more features in the future, but for right now users can do the following:
- See the status of active torrents
- Pause, resume a torrent
- Add a new torrent by entering a url to torrent
(or minimova id)
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Install the uTorrent WebUI.
2. Now download this zip, extract it, inside there is a folder called ‘iphone’ take that folder and place it inside the webui.zip that you installed in at “%AppData%uTorrent” on your PC. Don’t extract the webui zip just add the iPhone folder to it.
3. Next on your iPhone go to the url of your uTorrent webUI adding /iphone/i.html (ie http://192.168.0.3:25673/gui/iphone/i.html), enter your username / password you should now see all your torrents.
I don’t have an iPhone with which to take this bad body for a test drive, but judging from the screenshot “davidraso’s” posted, as shown to the right, it appears to be pretty darn cool.