For a limited time customers who subscribe to the “Diamond” package ($30p/mo) will be able to encrypt their true IP address and protect themselves from the prying eyes of identity thieves, hackers, or especially irate copyright holders.
Many of you, myself included, are subscribers of a Usenet newsgroup service provider of one name or another. However, Giganews is usually the one most choose due to its lengthy data retention period of some 500 days.
If that wasn’t enough, for a limited time only Giganews‘ “Diamond” package includes an additional FREE VPN service.
Called VyprVPN, the service is part of a collaboration with Golden Frog, a “new global software developer from the creators of Giganews.”
Users will be able to encrypt their true IP address and protect themselves from the prying eyes of identity thieves, hackers, or especially irate copyright holders.
VyprVPN works by:
- Replacing your IP address with a VyprVPN IP from one of our many worldwide VPN Clusters
- Encrypting all of your Internet traffic (including web, e-mail, instant message, and newsgroup traffic) between your computer and the VyprVPN Cluster
VyprVPN encrypted tunneling provides you with:
- Private web browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, newsgroup reading, and more — totally secure from ISP, wireless or neighborhood eavesdropping
- The ability to choose a US or European online identity
- Protection from data snooping and identity theft on public Wi-Fi hotspots, iPhones, PDAs, and cable Internet
- The same access to all of your favorite applications you enjoy today
It’s really not a bad deal if you’re already a Giganews subscriber or are looking for a reason to jump ship.
ALSO READ: How to Download From Newsgroups
*Post Updated 1/1/10: Retention time changed from 400 to 500 days.