Adds optional startup port randomization, transfer prioritization, and more.
Transmission is one of several popular Mac BitTorrent clients, which includes XTorrent and BitRocket among others. It’s developers recently announced the release of version 1.60 Beta 1 for users to test out in advance of a new stable update.
Some of the more popular new features is the choice of a port randomization on startup and prioritization of download transfers.
- Random port, with optional randomization on startup
- Transfer prioritization
- Option to specify if transfers are included in the global bandwidth limits
- Updated UPnP code to miniupnpc-1.3
- Please note that 1.60b1 requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Groups (moved to preferences) can be auto-assigned to transfers when adding based on multiple criteria
- Groups can have a default location when adding transfers
- The speed limit scheduler can now be applied to only specific days
- Bonjour support for the web interface
- File filter field in the inspector
- Option to include beta releases when auto-updating (using modified Sparkle 1.5)
- Portuguese localization