Amazon introduces the newest Kindle Fire HD available for Pre-order September 6, 2012.
If you can’t wait to get your hands on the newest tablet, Amazon has got you covered. The megastore, known for its ever popular Kindle e-reader, has announced at a press release that pre-orders for their latest Kindle Fire is available September 6, 2012. Orders placed on the 6th have a delivery date of November 2o, 2012. Just in time for the holiday season. Amazon will actually release three different version of the Fire.
The LTE Kindle Fire HD will feature:
- 4G LTE capabilities
- up to 64GB of storage
- $49.99 annual data plan provides 250MB of data transfers per month and 20GB of storage in the cloud
- Option to upgrade to 3GB and 5GB data plans
The 8.9″ Kindle Fire HD will feature:
- 8.9″ screen capable of handling a resolution 1920 x 1200 pixels
- up to 32GB of storage
- 8.8 millimeters thick and 566 grams.
- Runs on a Texas Instruments OMAP4470 dual-core ARM processor
- Operates on a dual Wi-Fi range, giving it faster wireless networking than Google’s Nexus 7 tablet.
- Stereo speakers
The 7″ Kindle Fire HD will feature:
- 7″ screen
- 40-percent faster processor than the original Kindle Fire
- 16GB of storage
- Longer battery life than the original model.
Prices will vary for each version of the Kindle Fire HD: The 7″ will price at $159; 8.9″ will start at $269; LTE Kindle Fire will start at $499. During the event, Amazon also unveiled the new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader which is slated for October 1, 2012 deliver starting at a $119 price tag.
[email protected] | @nardionet