Tweak for jailbroken iOS devices allows you to seamlessly access and transfer files from your PC to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
One of the great things about jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod, or iPhone (guide here) is the ability to make the device do practically anything you want it to. PC Networking is the latest and greatest tweak for jailbroken iOS devices that does just that, adding native Windows networking support so that you can seamlessly browse and transfer files from your PC to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
With PC Networking your device will appear in the Windows’ network locations where you’ll then be able to browse and transfer files as though it were just another Windows-based PC.
PC Networking auto-configures itself by detecting the available workgroups on your home Wi-Fi network, and then prompting you to enter the password for your Windows Workgroup.
Keep in mind that PC Networking uses Wi-Fi to connect to your Windows Home network so if your device goes into sleep mode and Wi-Fi is disabled it’ll disconnect. Your device to be awake in order to be accessible.
So how does it work?
1. Jailbreak your device (if you haven’t already, there’s an easy-to-follow guide here).
2. Open the Cydia app on your device.
3. Search for and install “PC Networking.”
4. Open “Settings” on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
5. Go to “Windows” and turn on “Enable networking.”
6. Enter the password for your Workgroup.
7. Choose which folders you want to share. Do you want to share all of your folders or a single folder like pictures?
It’s that easy.
The PC Networking tweak is available in 10 different languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Danish, Polish, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.
And best of all PC Networking tweak is absolutely FREE.
[email protected] | @jaredmoya