A quick guide that will show you how to view your Facebook friends’ birthdays and events in Google Calendar.
A recent consumer research study found that more than 60% of consumers use Gmail as their primary email service, and it’s likely a good number of those also use Google Calendar. Though Gmail is by far the best email service around, Google Calendar still suffers from a lack of social networking integration that would allow it to access important data on your family friends like upcoming birthdays and events.
For those with hundreds of Facebook friends the task would simply be impossible (or at least a huge pain in the you know what). What many don’t know that it is indeed possible to view your Facebook friends’ birthdays in Google Calendar, and the task is a whole lot easier than you might think.
So how do you do it? It’s easy.
1. Go to your Facebook page > Home > Events
2. Click the settings icon to the right of “Today” and select “Export.”
3. Now choose which list you want to export first: friends’ birthdays or upcoming events.
4. You’ll then be taken to Google Calendar you’ll be prompted to approve adding that particular calendar.
5. Afterwards, the calendar will magically appear before your eyes under “Other Calendars” in the left-hand column.
So now you don’t have any excuses for why you forgot a friend or family members birthday, and also don’t have to worry about forgetting an important event like a wedding or friend’s performance.
By being able to view your Facebook friends’ birthdays and events in Google Calendar you’ll finally have all your important info in one place.
[email protected] | @jaredmoya