Extension for the Google Chrome browser allows you to play, pause, skip, reverse, shuffle, and repeat songs in any open Chrome window.
So far I’ve mentioned several great music player extensions for the Chrome browser, each of course giving users added control over their music listening experience. Pandora for Chrome and Last.FM Free Music Player both let users control the popular music streaming services from any open window without having to visit the actual site. And now there’s Better Music, the Chrome extension that allows users to control their Google play account in just the same manner.
With Better Music you can play, pause, skip, reverse, shuffle, and repeat songs in any open Chrome window.
- Scrobbling of songs (option to turn on or off)
- Ability to “love” the song on Last.FM
- Google thumbs up/down
- Desktop notifications (toasts) of song changes (option to turn off)
- Playback controls (Play/Pause, Skip, Reverse, Shuffle, and Repeat) in a button on the browser bar
- Persistent “miniplayer” in options panel (notifications still happen unless toggled off)
- Playlist switching (autoplay on switch) in minplayer and popup (browser button) windows
For Last.FM users you can connect the extension to Last.FM and “love” songs so that you are continually augmenting your music listening preferences.
You can also view a lingering miniplayer (location adjustable) so that you can control music playback more quickly and have a constant view of what’s playing. Just click the toolbar icon, select options, and select “open miniplayer.”
[email protected] | @jaredmoya