WinMX Lives

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by g-smooth2k, Jun 13, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. g-smooth2k

g-smooth2k PC P2P Tek-A-Zoid Established Member

Slyck

Get ready everyone, WinMX Beta testing begins today.

After nearly two years of 3.31, Frontcode Technologies shows renewed signs of life as beta testing begins. We will bring you more news as it comes in. For now, please check thier news page.

From the WinMX beta page:

WinMX Beta Testing

Last updated June 13, 2004 1600GMT

Overview

Welcome to our 2004 beta testing program. Over the coming months many new and/or upgraded WinMX components will be introduced for initial testing in this area of www.WinMX.com. The eventual outcome of this testing will be a fully upgraded general release of WinMX to replace v3.31.

All users are welcome to participate in the beta testing program. However, as with any software testing, you should be prepared for potential problems that may arise. If you don't consider yourself to be an experienced user, you may want to wait for the next full WinMX release.

Timetable

Current Beta Test:

WinMX v3.52 BETA
    This version features a new WPNP Channel hosting component, as well as several key upgrades to the channel client window and controls. The channel list now features a filter bar making finding a known channel very easy. Other various minor upgrades.
    Testing started: June 13, 2004 1730 GMT
    Estimated Duration: under 1 week, maybe under 1 day
    Release Status: To be fully released upon test completion

Upcoming Beta Tests:

WinMX v3.55 BETA
    This version includes a very important upgrade to the core WPNP primary connection protocol, and an important change to the Search Window. With the protocol upgrade it is hoped search coverage will be near-100%, which will translate into vastly-improved search results, especially for rare files. The protocol upgrade is also a preliminary step toward a persistent hotlist (which will be in an upcoming test.)
    Test Not Started Yet
    Estimated Duration: 1-2 weeks
    Release Status: Unknown, dependant on test duration and results.

WinMX v3.60 BETA
    File downloads are sourced and managed by a completely new system in this version. AFS/AEQ are gone, also file mismatches should no longer be a problem. Minor WPNP file transfer protocol upgrades. Fragmented file support added.
    Test Not Started Yet
    Estimated Duration: 2 weeks
    Release Status: Immediate release unlikely, network turn-over req'd.

2. The Hunter

The Hunter Janitor

3. Siskabush

Siskabush ZP Trancecore Cussin

Wow. WinMX is alive

Guess I was wrong. I can finally delete Kazaa lite!

4. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

So far it seems to be the same old winmx. still testing ---

3.55 looks like when the big changes will be seen as the core will be different. By this time you might want to start getting those in-completes finished up!

5. skankito

skankito Da Shiznitto Bam

IT LIVES!! *cheers*

6. origin

origin exploited of deleted.....

whew, I was gettin worried. Finally!, winmx makin a comeback w000t! only good can come from this. looks awesome :)

l8

7. Hi i am new here.
    It seems that only i do not get any conection with WinMx ??
    Is here some Dutch room?

8. Mels_Smileys45

If youre new to Winmx its best you use another program for awhile. There are big problems being addressed with the network right now.

9. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

Krell Van Der Hooten's Champaign Room, is now the Krell Van Der Hooten Dutch Room. There be some Dutch here for certain. Make yourself more comfortable, and forget about Winmx, Cinderella-007 would you like a drink . . . . .

:icon_king

10. The Hunter

The Hunter Janitor

We already know about that.

11. «¦eX¦» t®áÐè® ìñ wâ£ë§

«¦eX¦» t®áÐè® ìñ wâ£ë§ «¦eX¦» t®áÐè® ìñ wâ£ë§,

so is winmx going again or is this nonsense

12. «¦eX¦» t®áÐè® ìñ wâ£ë§

«¦eX¦» t®áÐè® ìñ wâ£ë§ «¦eX¦» t®áÐè® ìñ wâ£ë§,

and where ar eall the movie extremez members too?????????

13. black_magiic

black_magiic Member

note the date on the original post :p

14. SoreVexed

SoreVexed Resident Goth

Note the site above: http://www.vladd44.com/mx/peercaches
    there is a new patch out. not that it works... but there may be hope for WinMX. there are a lot of dedicated users out there. and as it says on the vladd site: "If you were one of the faithless ones who uninstalled WinMX but want it back now" Not that this has much to say for the patch, but then again, it has a lot to say about the faithless ppl who believe that WinMX may never rise from this. There are loads of WinMX users that would take up the hosting responcibilitys any time. They are doing what they can.

This patch may not work, but keep your ears to the door, you never know, we lmay have MX' back yet.

15. BGD

BGD Member

It works! it works!! it works!!!

get winMX online again!!!!! just go to this site and get the details

http://www.vladd44.com/mx/peercaches.php.

all you have to do is to replace a file called hosts located in C:\windows\system32\Drivers\hosts with another file provided at the above website.

Lets get sharering again. BGD596 winMX username

16. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

OH for christs sakes READ the fucking forums before you post

now that youre worthless, you can leave

and take WinMx online again!superfantastichappyfunball thread # 427 WITH you on your way out.

17. Mels_Smileys45

I'll repeat meslf

I'll repeat myself

18. WinMx Omega

WinMx Omega Member

I would not believe anything that came from Vladd or his admins.

Vladd's help room in WinMx is very bad. The admins poke fun at the people that they are helping. The people in his chat room and on his site are very rude. We (as in winmxworld) have had many complaints about him ad his admins. The only thing that we can say is dont go back. I have even caught Vladd giving out bad help. He was telling the person the exact opposite of what was going to fix it. In our room on WinMx we try and solve your problem in 1 visit. If noone is there then a very helpful bot will assist you. If the question you have isnt aanswered by the bot then it will tell you to visit our forum and someone will answer your question. We try and have at least 1 person in our room at all times.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

19. SoreVexed

SoreVexed Resident Goth

I will agree with omega, vladd can be bad sometimes.
    But I still visit the room(s) because I give help when and where I can.

It has also changed some since then. help is a little easier when u enter now.