Windows 7 Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Problems & Questions' started by yonpa, Feb 13, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. yonpa

yonpa Member

I have problems installing windows 7 on my computer since I reformat the drive and I never thought that I haven't backup the drive and it all went worse. Please if anyone out there who could help me by this problem, I will truly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
  2. clairienz

clairienz Member

hello

Did you check your hard disk for errors? Another obscure thing you could try is disabling User Account Control temporarily.Its possible you might need to do a BIOS update if one is available for your ThinkPad T60p. Also, check for any updated chipset drivers.Also, disconnect any non-essential devices you might have attached to the system.

Hope this might help you!
    For more questions click the link below:
    http://www.techyv.com/questions/could-not-install-windows-7

Thank You.
  3. DigitalJunkie

DigitalJunkie Still learning.........!

I'm sorry, if you reformatted drive already. You have already lost those files, if you did not back them up first! All you can do now, is do a clean install of Windows 7 on your computer.
  4. kokanezub

kokanezub Zeropaid Zero-lost Established Member

Yup the drive is clean all you can do is reinstall windows. No program can recover your data because it was completely formatted.
  5. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

If it was a 'quick' format, some of the data may be recoverable. However, anything that was written to the newly formatted drive would overwrite any existing data that existed (kind of) in that space on the drive, so that would be a loss already. Also, recovering using some of the tools designed for this type of scenario is confusing and cumbersome, sometimes listing thousands of random temporary and system files, and nothing you are looking for (documents, etc)...

I haven't messed around with recovery in a long long time, maybe some one else can point you to a file recovery freeware utility, again only if you did a quick format, not a full format.
  6. DigitalJunkie

DigitalJunkie Still learning.........!

The only free recovery utility I know is Recuva by the same people who created CCleaner.
  7. napho

napho Antisocial Bastard Established Member