What TV shows do you like?

Discussion in 'Television' started by RACKnRAIL, Jun 25, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
  1. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

I do like Fringe a lot. It's probably my favorite new series. I would say it's a cross between X-Files and Outer Limits, but better than both.

I'm really looking forward to season 4 of Dexter. Dexter is one of the best shows on TV, IMHO.

Just watched Durham County season 1. Not a bad show, but it's pretty violent. (not that Dexter isn't)

I don't know why I started watching Harper's Island, but now I like it. Pretty lame plot, but I can't stop watching it.

I liked Breaking Bad, but kind of lost interest. Perhaps the new season I will get back into it.

Has anyone seen "True Blood"? It's another HBO show I hear people saying is pretty good. However, I'm not a huge fan of the vampire genre.

Lastly, I have followed NBC's Heroes and still like it. They have their original writer back so this new season should improve.

What shows do you like? What shows are you looking forward to?

2. fleecy

fleecy Queen of Procrasti-Nation Established Member

everyone keeps telling me to watch fringe, so i'll have to check it out.

just getting into dexter, dark little show.

true blood is addictive, even reading the damn books now.

love big bang theory- appeals to my inner goofy geek.

csi is better than i thought it would be after grissom left.

and that's about it, other than mythbusters and ufc.

3. PowerMan57two

PowerMan57two Dell XPS 630 User

These are my favorite TV shows that I have seen every single episode. They are in no particular order:

1. Stargate SG-1
    2. Stargate Atlantis
    3. Stargate Universe (coming soon, I know I will love it)
    4. Charmed
    5. Smallville
    6. Battlestar Galactica
    7. Farscape
    8. Babylon 5
    9. South Park
    10. Family Guy

4. 1cooldude

1cooldude gone into the sunset

I'm into re-living my past (finally out of the closet). I'm watching Barney Miller, Soap and Cheers.:knockedout:

5. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

I've been thinking about this ever since the thread first went up and I still can't think of anything showing on tv anymore that really has that "hook" for me.

Two and a half men is about the only thing I kind of looked forward too, but last season fell sort of flat with me so I don't know, regular tv has become so lame as to be not worth the price of electricity to turn it on anymore...

6. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

Great list but why isn't Firefly on it?

Add that and Full Metal Alchemist and you pretty much have my list, minus # 3, 4, and 5, because I havn't seen those.

7. 1cooldude

1cooldude gone into the sunset

yeah, I've all the 2 1/2 men seasons and I would agree with you on that. me thinks the new g/f is a friend of the producer as it is too lame and stupid.Rose is way better and added that "twist" to the show.My all time favourite is Berta and her humour.

8. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

I just started watching Stargate SG1, halfway through season 1 now. Watched stargate the movie when it came out, but never had much interest in giving the series a chance.

GREAT so far. Loving it. Give it a try, you may enjoy it.

9. thelastfreeman

thelastfreeman Amateur Proctologist Established Member

Shows I enjoy in no particular order:

Dexter
    Dollhouse
    Fringe
    Southpark
    Smallville
    Terminator (cancelled)
    The Shield (just ended)
    Prison Break (just ended)
    The Office
    The Boondocks
    Lie to Me
    Dragon Ball Kai (remake of Z without fillers)

I don't hear a lot of buzz about True Blood so I will review it here. I started watching it a week ago and went through the whole season 1 in a day. It's about a woman, Sookie Stackhouse, who is telepathic. She can't help but hear the thoughts of every and has to concentrate all the time not to. In the show, a Japanese company creates a product called Tru Blood that is basically synthetic blood so vampires don't have to feed on humans. This allows vampires to come out and integrate into mainstream society. In walks Bill, the first vampire in Bon Temps and she immediately becomes attracted to him because she can't read vampire minds and it allows her to relax around him. The show itself is not about vampires as much it is about human nature. Vampires are just plot devices and Sookie's powers lets us know what people are really thinking when they interact with each other. The show is about her dealing with her love for him while everyone else has to overcome their bias. And there's a bunch of religious fanatics running around with signs like "God hates fangs".

10. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

I really like TrueBlood a lot! For a vampire series its really good. It takes a while to get into but when the mystery starts it will hook you.

I will add my list later but recently I have been hot on Venture Bros.

[​IMG]

I use to think this show was stupid and I HATED it but it comes on right before I have to get off to work and pretty soon I got hooked on it. Its really amazing! How can this show not be on everyones must see list? Why is there NOT a movie of this in theaters when we get Aqua Teen Hunger Force movies? BLUH! Don't get me wrong, Meat Wad ROCKS but Venture Bros. is the SHIT! 2 times!

11. El Comandante

El Comandante Merde! Established Member

I don't know man. I've really tried. My GF loves it's but I think it's really bizarre and I hate that bitch with he gap in her teeth. We need to see her tits soon.

I miss The Wire. I love Brotherhood and Tudors is ok. I'm really into Lost and watch 24 regularly (although it offends my liberal sensibilities). I can watch the Deadliest Catch for hours. Those people are crazy.

I also watched 2 seasons of Mad Men straight. Great TV IMHO.

12. fleecy

you haven't watched many episodes yet, then, because she shows them a lot once she gets friendlier with bill :D

13. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

1. Fireball X-L5
    2. Stingray
    3' Space: 1999
    4. Futurama
    5. The Venture Brothers
    6. Gigantor
    7. 8th Man
    8. Clutch Cargo
    9. Ren and Stimpy
    10. The Herculoids

14. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

15. Mels_Smileys45

The Hercs? I have not seen them in YEARS! Why is there not an adult swim on them? Did Harvey Birdman ever have them on his show. What were the name of the cool blobs? Bleep and blip or some shotz like that? I dunno...

Glad to see some else watches Venture Bros! I don't understand it...I know I am well behind making a fuss over it and Seph has shown an interest in this one years ago by having an avatar of the show but everyone needs to watch this show. Its better than any movie that has came out ever. welll....you know what I mean maybe...

[​IMG]

Watch this show now! Download it today and geek out and be blown away! I DARE you! BEST SHOW EVER!

:nutkick:

16. Mels_Smileys45

Venture Bros Scooby Doo connection...the LAST MYSTERY!

This show will make you a fanatic! The writers of this show are the best. Very amazing! The Art is also the best style I know of....

17. thelastfreeman

thelastfreeman Amateur Proctologist Established Member

I love Anna Paquin ♥♥♥

And yes we do see them. Season 2.

18. Mels_Smileys45

The show is good to me but I have not seen season 2 yet. I have not made time for much TV lately. I have had "KNOWING" ready to watch for a long time and even though I want to see it bad I keep reading shit and playing games when I have spare time. "True Blood" turned out great though. I too had trouble with the characters and for me it was the heavy accents that threw me off for a bit. The black girl got on my nerves bad at first but then I found her interesting. I had sex with her too and that was pretty good. Made me a fan. The voodoo was crazy and the changeling was like a WTF moment! I laughed my ass off and then got it on with the black chick again...in my mind.

:scratchchin:

:Thinkingof_::Thinkingof_::Thinkingof_::Thinkingof_:

19. fleecy

i've decided i want eric for christmas.... yum.

20. Mels_Smileys45

What a douche he be! I have a much hotter body, he is FAT!