What software is better? Morpheus or Kazaa Media Desktop

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by matrix2003, Oct 20, 2003.

?

What do you like better?

1. Morpheus

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. Kazaa (original)

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. None/i dont care

37 vote(s)
    74.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
  1. matrix2003

matrix2003 Booooo

What do you like better? Morpheus or Kazaa (original)? Would you like one better of it was more popular, or would u like another better if it had less adware,, cast you vote on Morpheus or Kazaa (original) NOT THE LITE VERSION

2. nasrules

nasrules PeerWebmaster

No offence, but are you stupid?

3. phalkon30

phalkon30 Jay Leno Geek

No comparisson, they're not on the same network anymore.

Anyway, I'd pick neither, why not k-lite?

4. Kevin06906

Kevin06906 Member

Neither, i don't like bums going through my computer with ad ware and spyware. Or i don't like paying money to bums when sharman comes out with their payed service that they were talking about.

5. Malicious Intent

Malicious Intent People on my cool list...

Because of KMDs recent change of heart I'm going with Morpheus, even if that is already dead.
    Actually "None" is on the list, so I will go with that.

6. mr.jip

mr.jip correct boywonder!

they're not exactly comparable as they are different networks. But morpheus is on gnutella, basically meaning its un-stable. Kazaa is on a over populated network, which looks like it will soon be taken over by the e-donkey network :)

7. rainbowdemon

rainbowdemon the zp police Established Member

Personally, I'll pass on both of them. I do, however, use k-lite once in a while. Get it here.
    http://www.klitesite.com/

8. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

Morpheus has only been completely irrelevant since 1998, kazaa has always been a crap p2p for the lamest of lamers

what was the question again?

9. The Hunter

The Hunter Janitor

The question remains, better than what?

10. MoonMan

MoonMan Member

This would have been a valid question about 3 years ago.

11. FutureIverson

FutureIverson SadamLoyalist since 12/14

i say write in vote, kazaa lite. sorry but a bad thread, i'd rahter pay for music than have spyware on my computer.

12. MoonMan

MoonMan Member

You do realize that is what Ad-Aware and Spybot are for, right ?

13. hawkburn

hawkburn Yup...

Hahaha, just what I was thinking man... even when I just saw the title of it on the main page.

:blah

14. FutureIverson

that's right moon where would be w/o them, i also realize, that by deleting the spyware from imesh and kazaa, the program no longer works.

15. MoonMan

MoonMan Member

hehe that's what the dummy dll is for.

16. FutureIverson

callin me a dummy? jk

17. DJ Zany

DJ Zany Guest

Seriously neither, and where have you been? Morpheus has not been a FastTrack client for years. Can't believe anybody uses it. If you really want to use Gnutella, use Shareaza.

18. matrix2003

matrix2003 Booooo

lol... i never added "Shareaza" cos it is on more then just Gnutella.. and plus to me it SUCKS.. so i dont care... btw... that Spy Bot has adware or spyware in its self, Ad-aware found out for me

19. MarkB

MarkB Member

Say that, again? SpyBot has spyware?

I don't know why people still think SB has spyware. It would kind of defeat the purpose of having a spyware removal tool now wouldn't it? When it first came out, yes, people had their doubts about it & was skeptical. But now, most people recommend it more than Ad-aware.

Why makes you believe that SB has spyware?

20. phalkon30

phalkon30 Jay Leno Geek

What happens is spybot makes BACKUPS of deleted items. Ad-Aware is too stupid to ignore these backups and thinks that spybot is majorly infected. I'm pretty sure the FAQ says something about that (either spybots or adawares)