Westboro Baptist Church Member Beaten, No One Able to Give Description (The Hayride)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Drew Wilson, Apr 20, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

What is most notable about Sgt. Rogers’ funeral in Brandon, however, is what didn’t happen.

You see, the troglodytes from Westboro Baptist Church had threatened to spew their poison at Sgt. Rogers’ funeral.

But the Westboro mob wasn’t on the scene, and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident – thank God.

Why weren’t there protestors?

Planning ahead by the locals, as it turns out.

From an Ole Miss sports message board, a tidbit of information…

More...

What a strange set of coincidences! :wink:
  2. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

That is so fucking awesome. Epic level of team work.
  3. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

Fred Phelps, Democrat activist.

Anyone who has ever questioned the reason why the Westboro Baptist Church would do the protests they do, well, now you know.

4. sygreenblum

sygreenblum Member

Indeed

Outstanding post Drew

I was having a crappy day today until I read this post. This makes me happy.
  5. Drew Wilson

Thanks and any time sygreen. :smile:
  6. Drew Wilson

Did a Mississippi town beat the Westboro Baptist Church?

Last month, someone posted on a University of Mississippi message board that local officials in Rankin County, Miss., had launched a covert effort to prevent the Westboro Baptist Church from protesting at the funeral of Marine Staff Sgt. Jason A. Rogers, who was killed in Afghanistan.

The unnamed commenter claimed church members were unable to get out of their hotel parking lot because county pickup trucks were blocking them in. Those few members who made it to Rogers’ funeral were immediately detained by police and questioned for an unrelated matter before being released.

For a moment, it seemed that someone had finally found a way to stop the Westboro Baptist Church from inflicting pain on families whose loved ones died while keeping the rest of us safe.

But some quick checking revealed the whole story is a fantasy.

Local officials told The Rumor Doctor that no protesters were arrested or booked into the county jail during Rogers’ funeral. The county district attorney’s office has not received any complaints from the Westboro Baptist Church.

More...

I want to believe! :frown: