Want to block "Skip this ad" ads

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by MrGonzo, Apr 2, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. MrGonzo

MrGonzo Humping a Canadian Dream

Hey,

Do any of you get those annoying new type of popups that just start and appear on your browser window? Not the ones that open a new browser window, but the one that appear and overtake your opened browser. You know the ones that after a few seconds gives you a button that appears that says "SKIP THIS AD"

Anyone have this problem? Does anyone know of a way or a tool/program that will stop these *beeping* ads from coming up?
  2. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Maybe (this is for Fire Fox.) go into your tools--> options--> content, and disable (uncheck) Java and JavaScript.

Might work.
  3. lion7718

lion7718 The Big Cat

I've seen those on a few sites now..I tried blocking 1 once & the page wouldn't load..once I un-blocked it the page continued to the page I wanted.
  4. Lord_of_the_Dense

Lord_of_the_Dense Deicidic Chipmunk Revue Established Member

Holy cow, a lion sighting.
  5. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

With Firefox and ad-block I don't see adds, the only downside I guess is that I'm no longer supporting the websites I visit. Java, and flash should fix things to make adds less dangerous/obnoxious using their technologies. Anyway I noticed that some video's asking for codecs will open up a window asking me to download the codec but won't let me close it, very freaking annoying.
  6. lion7718

lion7718 The Big Cat

ya..shit happens...lol..I've tried to be more active the last few weeks.
  7. jospams

jospams Member

edit

8. DigitalJunkie

DigitalJunkie Still learning.........!

Have any of you tried using the host file to block the offending site that tries to open a new window?

I don't like to disable java scripts on my browser if possible, I don't know the host file would work in this case or not?
  9. burnik

burnik n00biE

i hate ads
    it pop up before you could open the site..
    i hate the most was.. the admin who blocked the site..

i had a question why in other country
    they are blocking ebay??
  10. Excrement_Cranium

Excrement_Cranium Just Sick Established Member

There is a trick that you can use.... click the link that says skip this ad and proceed. You can skip that "skip this" ad.

o_O
  11. burnik

burnik n00biE

thankz mate ^_^ :icon_salu
  12. jospams

jospams Member

edit

13. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Shhhhhhh....don't tell anyone. ZP's little secret.
  14. Jorge

Jorge Forum Admin Staff Member Administrator

they are called inter sectional ads and you can not block them. its not a very traditional "ad"...

just google that...
  15. mountain_rage

From what I understand your referring to redirects, or am I confused? Like basically an add that appears as its own page before allowing you to view the next page? Also I have yet to see an add in Firefox so I find it hard to believe that theres an add that can't be blocked.
  16. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

Hey mountain rage.. I will give you an example of what he means. I have to PM you the page due to content (that means NSFW) PM me if you want to test it out
  17. mountain_rage

Thanks EM just confirmed it, not even Jorge's apparent unblockable ad is unblockable with add-block plus.

Has this ever happened to you???
    Ad-block plus, it takes spam out like magic :icon_thum​
  18. evilmegaman

By running that, will I lose lots of site content that one may want?
  19. Jorge

Jorge Forum Admin Staff Member Administrator

its just a header redirect, meaning you get forwarded to one page, then forwarded to another. nothing you can do about it trust me. i do it in programming a lot, not for ads though... vbulletin does it all the time for example.
  20. evilmegaman

I'm pretty sure it's true what you're saying. I'd imagine Mountain rage is blocking practically everything aside from pure HTML essentially.