Vcd or Dvd

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by music500, Mar 28, 2004.

1. music500

music500 Member

Well Im planning out of making episodes about Urban legends and other odd tales. You know Beyond belief Fact Or Fiction that aired on scifi channel. When they get done. Would you buy them on DVD or VCD I cant decide which one people would buy.
  2. ASUmusicMAN

ASUmusicMAN Musician and Sharer

Wait...so your making the episodes yourself, or are you just ripping them from scifi channel? Personally, i'd rather buy something on DVD, but they're more expensive to make as far as I know. Plus you gotta have the right burner...i'm sure others will comment
  3. music500

music500 Member

No not from scifi. I be making mine own.
  4. hawkburn

hawkburn Yup...

I was about to say that if your getting them from TV, and then selling them, then thats very illegal and could get you into trouble, but since your not, here's my opinion:

At least do SVCD, not VCD. VCD is very poor quality in most people's opinion, including myself. SVCD is much higher quality, but can still be put on the same CD-R, cheaply available today. But, you wont be able to fit as much video on an SVCD than a VCD.

DVD is good if you want to put in the effort of making it look good. It also has the benefit of being more compatible with many DVD players.

Good luck and I hope your home movie business goes well, just don't get into the pirating like some stupid individuals do.
  5. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

It would sell better on DVD. The other formats are not always supported by stand alone DVD players so some buyers may get pissed. Can I get a copy to share in winmx?
  6. music500

music500 Member

Yes Mels_Smileys45 I give you a COPY it will have commercials in it to cover the cost of making the movies. Sure :)))))
  7. Hey, don't completely knock p2p - I mean, yes, you do ultimately want to sell it, but if you want to give customers a preview of it, you could always put a link on your web site (assuming you're selling it from there) and allow customers to download a preview in p2p. This way, you'll be getting the benefits of getting more customers, but saving on bandwidth costs.
  8. ASUmusicMAN

ASUmusicMAN Musician and Sharer

Yay for good ideas! :goodjob
  9. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

Its cool I can edit out the commercials. Someday though, someone will come out with a series of ultra funny short movie clips, spread them on P2P and become famous. I have an idea similar to MST3K but without the science fiction(and the robots and stuff). Ive been playing around with that. I think its funny ass hell. Maybe only to me
  10. music500

music500 Member

Would this be a good offer. 99 cents episodes or movie downloads. Like Itunes on Friday 50 cents downloads.