Vacation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kyle06, Aug 24, 2003.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Kyle06

Kyle06 Member

ok if you could go on vacation to any place in the world or in the near by solar systems where would you go

Personaly I would go to the moon for a week
    and just look at the stars and at the end of it I would either freeze or smolder lol....

where would you go??
  2. tMoD

tMoD Free at Last (R.I.P.)

I would visit the moons of Jupiter. They always seemed like the most prototypically alien landscapes to me.
  3. CTC Command

CTC Command До свидания

Pluto. Partly because we've never sent a probe there yet, so it's still a big mystery. But watching Charon rise would be a sight, since it's so close to the size of Pluto. And out that far the Sun is like a really bright speck. And the atmosphere is mostly frozen to the surface. It would be very different from Cancun, lol. Plus I could check all the rest of the outer planets on the way back in. 5 for the price of 1!
  4. rainbowdemon

rainbowdemon the zp police Established Member

To another planet, far beyond the reach of current technology. One that has life. Spend some time living in a different civilization.
  5. Ken17625

Ken17625 Your best nightmare.

I'd like to visit Europa (One of jupitors moon's).

It is the most geologically active of all of them (I believe), and has been talked about having maybe primative forms of life (microscopic life).
  6. Wolfie

Wolfie Aku Soku Zan

i would go to saturn and see the rings upclose.
  7. Potato

Potato poe-tay-toe Established Member

Honestly?

I want to find a nice little island and stay there a while... people bug me.
  8. CTC Command

CTC Command До свидания

Which Arthur C. Clark sequel to 2001 was it, maybe 2061? that explored that whole "life on Europa" theory? Yeah, there's believed to an ocean under the surface of Europa, which is a several mile ["Current rough estimates put Europa's icy crust at about 20 kilometers thick with an ocean beneath that is at least six kilometers deep. That's about twice as deep as Earth's open ocean depths (not counting deep sea trenches)"link]. I watched a Science Channel program not too long ago where they speculated that there might be life like that around the "hot springs" in the Earths deep oceans, since no light could probably penetrate several miles of ice. They want to send a probe to check it out, but there are two problems:

(a) how to get throgh the ice
    (b) how to make absolutely sure that no Earth life contaminates the probe.

I say build the probe outside on the moon. No life there. Of course, we would have to build a moonbase to do that.

Pretty cool place to go, Ken. I'll drop in and visit you on my way back from Pluto!

Attached Files:

9. Kyle06

Kyle06 Member

That sounds like me

I also would like to travel to another ciziliation to see how they live

well I goin to bed people keep posten where you would like to go.....
  10. metale

metale Zeropaid's Kamikaze Pilot

I would like to Uranus.
    It's a green planet!
    lol!
  11. vipp

vipp Member

Years ago, I remember hearing of an island, that always had nice weather, and temps around 75 degrees. I'd choose that in a heartbeat.
  12. Ken17625

Ken17625 Your best nightmare.

Thanks for the link!

Ah yes, I remember reading some astronomy book (kinda a run of the mill bargain book) and it discussed Europa's oceans breifly and the possibility of life.

It seems you've refreshed my memory.......and interest.

***Ken goes Googling; which is somewhat like "Goin Walmartin/Going to Wally World"***
  13. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

I would go to the outer solar system, and set up a p2p system.. and share music with my alien friends.. And it be decentralized for good measures.. Maybe by the time i get their the riaa will cease to exist.
  14. TipYourBartender

TipYourBartender Signals Over The Air

How could you not want to visit Easter Island?
  15. Sk8er Boi

Sk8er Boi Member

I would want to go to Barbados. The clear blue water, the sun shining, the clothing optional beaches...LOL. It sounds amazing.
  16. Kyle06

Kyle06 Member

I change my mind I would go somewhere far far away causeschool starts tomarrow and we all want to go far far away oh can I borrow someone's lap top...... :p
  17. CCSDUDE

CCSDUDE Proud Girl Lover

A place where age of consent is zero....wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... lmfao

Naw...more like Smurf land where I can have a blonde blue midget thing give me a rim job like in Ken's avatar....

Actually just give me a room fulla food...weed and tv shows from my childhood along with a nintendo....and Zelda...yeah can't forget Zelda...and the room better fucking have AC and a freshair vent.....

Edit: Chain Potato to the wall...I have uses for her...lmfao
  18. Potato

You're such an ass sometimes.

Note: Please don't ban me for saying that.
  19. CCSDUDE

CCSDUDE Proud Girl Lover

Wasn't for any 'dirty' reasons...HONEST!

Just gonna subject you too hours of 8 bit game play and childish yips of glee as I knock out one bugger after another in Zelda....and steal their goodies! ..Thats sure to drive ya mad. Course you could always join in for a few rounds of Roadblaster :wings
  20. Potato

CCS

FYI
    I love my Nintendo, so hours of 8 bit gaming wouldn't bother me.