US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Atheist Icon, Nov 2, 2010.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Atheist Icon

Atheist Icon Member Established Member

Mumbai: The US would be spending a whopping $200 million (Rs. 900 crore approx) per day on President Barack Obama's visit to the city.

"The huge amount of around $200 million would be spent on security, stay and other aspects of the Presidential visit," a top official of the Maharashtra Government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said.

About 3,000 people including Secret Service agents, US government officials and journalists would accompany the President. Several officials from the White House and US security agencies are already here for the past one week with helicopters, a ship and high-end security instruments.

Oh your God...really?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/us-to-spend-200-mn-a-day-on-obama-s-mumbai-visit-64106

1 person likes this.
  2. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

What God?
    <and a *golf clap*>

Jesus. Now I have to give out MORE rep to MORE random morons before giving it to you again.

To quote Scar, "Life's just not fair, is it?"

102nd edit: 86 the random morons. IB reppin' intelligent / cool folke who lef, thet wuz funny as hell. IB starten with CCSDUDE.

I shur he no all bout יִשְׂרָאֵל, two...

3. sygreenblum

sygreenblum Member

Just watch Slumdog millionaire and save the cash. It's still Bombay to me and I still think Pluto's a planet.

1 person likes this.
  4. Atheist Icon

Atheist Icon Member Established Member

No idea what this spending is for...couldn't he have spent the money somewhere here in the states? I'm just wondering. He is going to be there for 10 days from what I have heard. 2B being injected into Las Vegas, or Reno would probably help a lot more than the money leaving the country.

5. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Seriously. You can't just undo a planet, ffs...

<Praise the Deities! Another gifted one has returned!>