TPB has just gone dark.

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by Aaron_Walkhouse, Apr 24, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Aaron_Walkhouse

Aaron_Walkhouse The Legendary Axeman Established Member

2. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

Works for me?

3. 1cooldude

1cooldude gone into the sunset

works for me too.

4. Aaron_Walkhouse

Which IP address are you using? Due to the way they spread it out after the raid,
    different IP addresses are sent to different parts of the globe.

5. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

Also working. I'm in the US if that makes a difference Aaron.

6. Aaron_Walkhouse

What's the number?

7. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Regular address works for me too.

8. Aaron_Walkhouse

Not from here. What numerical IP address do you connect to?
    I need the number for my HOSTS file.

9. 1cooldude

I am using 91.191.138.15 Aaron. :)

10. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

IP address is the same thing for me here. What IP address were you using Aaron?

11. Aaron_Walkhouse

There it is. It just started working for me. That didn't take long. ;]

In my case it went to 91.191.138.18. I guess my ISP's DNS was slower.

12. 1cooldude

all's well again..then!:usa:

13. Aaron_Walkhouse

Yeah, now I can sleep tonight. :tongue:

14. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

It may be a few months before it goes bu bye.

15. Aaron_Walkhouse

Now that the judge is exposed it's going to start over from scratch or just
    die on appeal. Right now there's no legal way to shut it down.

16. Mels_Smileys45

I hope not! I love The Pirate Bay! I wish the media industry would figure out that services like the Bay make people spend large sums of money for fast internet connections. Without sevices like the Bay, huge pipes are useless and not worth the ticket price. If I have to do without P2P I will buy the cheapest internet package I can get which is about $20. That will save me $60 a month! SOme how they need to start a shared fund with the movie and music industry. Not sure how that would work but I am sure some of those high priced people they keep around just to think up shit should be able to figure it out.
    If I did not have to start downloading a large part of my movie collection again I would be cutting back next month but since my POS Seagate may be dead I need the speed. I am trying to get everything I need and want while the getting is good. I am expecting the P2P scene to get very limited over the course of 2009. I hope not but I am getting ready for it none the less. Im so sad about my Seagate. There was some real good rare stuff on there. I was saving up to get a redundant drive to back it up but the drive did not make it for me. Some of the content was backed up on another drive too but 95% was not. I kept trying to get friends to buy a drive so I could give them the content in case this happened. I am always sharing movies with them but they are unwilling to spend money on a drive and want free DVD's! Well now they are SOL! They should have helped us both out...now they will be missing out on some great movies.

17. Aaron_Walkhouse

TPB can't be shut down anymore. Even if the fellows end up in jail and some of the
    servers get knocked offline the rest are still out there, each with their own babysitter. ;]

18. napho

napho Antisocial Bastard Established Member

I've always enjoyed finding things online. P2p/filesharing is my great computer pleasure. If you want, pm me some of the stuff you might not be able to replace easily. I love a challenge.
    Extra layer of protection for rarest stuff in case the house burns down along with your dvd's and hard drives. 50GB http://www.adrive.com

19. Mels_Smileys45

The list is so extensive I can't possible begin to list. 3500+ files is hard to track in your mind. I don't know if I am going to worry about many of them. I think I have a few of the early Rod Serling Movies and his 70's documentaries backed up. Things like that is what I hate to lose. I bet I had about 500 documentaries on there. The rare ones I usually made back ups of but many of the movies I did not. All the HD content I had on there is gonna be a pain in the ass to re download. All the TV shows, like 13 seasons of King of the Hill and 155 episodes of The Twilight Zone, 7 seasons of Malcom in the Middle and so forth...its gonna suck!!! I am still thinking I can save them though. My PC is saying the hard drive is fine but I am not able to get into it for some reason I can't explain. I think if I hook into a newer PC it could come up. :34:

20. 1cooldude

I was waiting for their own TPB island.This way they'll be on their own.