There was no flaming.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Psilaxs, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Psilaxs

Psilaxs Harbinger of mass Exodus Established Member

I know what it is.

This is the deal. The thread was NOT closed because of flaming, there wasn't any. What it boils down to, is Seph simply cannot stand to see view points other than his own expressed. As long as you do not stray too far from his ideology you will be fairly safe from a locked thread.

If you start spouting off such "crazy" ideas such as liberalism or any other WRONG ideology it will surely lead to a closed thread. Even if things are being discussed in an intelligent manor. Such WAS the case with the previous thread.

The person I was starting to discuss things with (last i checked Seph, you said we were allowed to discuss things. And I am ever so grateful for your permision)
    was going fine. We didn't flame, I respected his stance, and I was in the process of explaining my point of view, but YW had to get the crazy idea to express his own thoughts. (keep that in mind, do not ever do that on these boards).

In closing, Keep it brainless. :finger
  2. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

i feel a temp-bann coming on. ... is it the religion thread? it had to be stoped since it involves on emotions and everyone else starts hating each other or say something you soon regret. Who cares, MOVE ON! Dont make your life a life of zeropaid.com bulletinboard. Go out and play or clean up your room :p~
  3. aqlo

aqlo Cartoon Superhero

For those of you just tuning in, Psilaxs is complaining about this thread here http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=19096 which was closed because the leading post was an illiterate flame-job. There are some very good comments in it, so rather than deleting it entirely (as would be necessary when deleting a first post) Sephi just closed it. The conversation could have continued easily here in the real thread on this topic http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=19086 but it doesn't seem like that is what Psilaxs is really trying to accomplish so much as being controversial and insulting, as seen here http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=19107
  4. Miniver

Miniver Adjudicator Established Member

I don't see how that was "an illiterate flame-job" it made some very valid points. I'm sorry, but sephiroth is out of control lately. But of course you probably think that that's a flame too right.

Where's Cloud with the Omnislash when you need him?
  5. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

All decisions are final and not done for personal reasons which is just a tired old excuse that isnt going to work and covers up the real problem.

If expecting people to have discussions about matters to conduct themselves in a mature and respectful manner is i truely do not think that is too much ask and was not done orginally in that post which is why it was closed and its not open for debate.

I do not think those requirements makes discussion "untelligent" which is implied since the googled up flame wars threads keep getting label as "intelligent" which they certainly are not i mean many of the posts there are copied from other sites or people's opinion surely not orginal thought or opinions and i dont think that copying others is intelligent.

Futhermore i dont think it speaks very highly of people's intelligence or thinking ability if the only way they can express their opinions is through broad base generalizations, sterotypes, insults and being very rude.

And those threads that start that way will get closed and people who go too far posts will get removed, because its not fair to those who want to discuss all and can in a mature manner.

Thats it there does not need to be a "complaint thread" at every time and any future ones will probably get removed because this same discussion doesnt need to happen every time and like i said before i think this is fair and is not asking too much.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.