The Scariest Thing You'll See All Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by YWD67, Jan 23, 2010.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

The Scariest Thing You'll See All Day

Submitted by Kyle on January 22, 2010 - 1:01pm
    Obviously, polls taken two-plus years before the next presidential election don't mean a whole lot, but that probably won't stop Mike Huckabee's supporters from trumpeting this:
    For the first time in one of our monthly polls looking ahead to the 2012 Presidential election Barack Obama trails one of his hypothetical opponents, albeit by the smallest of margins.
    Mike Huckabee has a 45-44 advantage over Obama, aided largely by a 44-38 lead with independents. There continues to be no evidence of any negative fallout for Huckabee after murders of police officers committed by an ex-Arkansas inmate whose sentence he had commuted. His 35/29 favorability breakdown is actually slightly better than it was in November before that incident.
    Of course, just yesterday Huckabee warned the GOP to not "get too giddy" because President Obama will probably be re-elected.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/scariest-thing-youll-see-all-day
  2. don webb

don webb Mm Mm Mm Barrack H Obama

Wasn't Sarah doing a bit better than that.......:rolleyes:

3. Excrement_Cranium

Excrement_Cranium Just Sick Established Member

Fuck the sentence commute bullshit. Seriously. He handed out hundreds of signatures - just because this one happened to kill police officers people want to shit about it?

I bet if he cured cancer, people wouldn't be patting Huckabee on the back, really.

And, again - the main thing Obama can blame for falling ratings isn't anything the right-wing will say, and something that independents and some liberals will say: political impotence on his part, and democratic senators and congress(wo)men.
  4. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

Ah yes, Huckabee, the governor that was indirectly responsible for letting a crimimal go free in Arkansas so that he could come up here to Washington and randomly murder 4 cops sitting at a cafe. Good Job man.

While true, I don't think that he deserves to be considered for presidency after that incident. I honestly don't fully fault him as much as Gregoire here, but he shouldn't receive a promotion after that. Some said he should be burned for it, but I disagree with that too. He deserves to have his career stagnate, not get better or worse.
  5. carpefile

carpefile Chronic Established Member

Huckabee would be a nightmare as POTUS. Nothing would cause me to seek expatriate status quicker than his vision of "One nation, under MY God".
    Waay scarier imho than even Palin. He has the brains and the deviousness to make his agenda reality, something I don't think we'd have to worry too much about with Palin.
  6. Excrement_Cranium

Excrement_Cranium Just Sick Established Member

Not that I'm in the Huckabee fan club or anything - but the thing is that he commuted a sentence that, at that time, everyone involved with felt was excessive.

He didn't grant parole the first time, the second time, nor fail to keep him in jail on other crimes.

Huckabee's leniency with criminals was something conservatives hated, so I have a desire to high-five the man.

I don't think he should be president, I just think sloshing mud over the commuted sentence is a waste of breath. As Carpe points out, it's not like the guy doesn't have other flaws to wretch over.
  7. El Comandante

El Comandante Merde! Established Member

I'm convinced this Country will go through a period where these right wing Nazi's will take control of our government and bring this Country to the brink of destruction (if not actual destruction). Bush was nothing compared to what is coming IMHO. GWB was just a taste of what is possible. In the end the people of the US will get the government they deserve.