Tampons in the gas tank

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by littlebits, Nov 6, 2006.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. littlebits

littlebits Member Established Member

My friend has a Dodge Dakota 2001. Anyways his ex-girlfriend said that she put two tampons in his gas tank because she is mad because he got a new girlfriend.

It has been two days and so far he hasn't had any problems with his truck.

My question is what kind of damage will this do and how long will it take?

Is there anything that he can put into his gas tank to stop any damage?

I've heard that tampons in the gas tank will destroy the engine. The fibers suppost to clogg up
    the fuel system. Is this true?

I know this sounds funny, but I would like to know if anyone really knows.

Thanks.:icon_thum
  2. cheapprick

cheapprick Member

Unfortunate for your friend that he owns a 2001, as earlier models were unaffected [read - had filters in place to prevent gas tampering]. There could still be occasional loss of drive and bulging, but the case is far worse for the 2001.

As it stands your friend's dakota has an excellent chance of developing toxic shock and he should get it attention right away.
  3. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

Tampons eh? I've heard of people putting moth balls in gas tanks before but I wouldn't have the time or patience to go to all the trouble of catching a bunch of moths just to soak their balls in gasoline...

1 person likes this.
  4. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

Tell your friend to bring the crazy bitch to court, and she can learn the consequences for her actions. There is no reason in the world to seek revenge in a lost relationship, he could of cheated on her and I still wouldnt consider it a valid reason. Ya it sucks but suck it up and move on, people these days are so wound up.
  5. mfgbypooter

He should be thankful that he doesn't drive a blood mobile.

6. the great one

the great one Member

There will be no damage whatsoever.Just have the tampons removed from the gas tank and replace the fuel filter.
  7. littlebits

littlebits Member Established Member

It is verry complicated to remove the gas tank, I don't see any other way to get the tampons out of there.

So far the truck doesn't really appear to be affected much, just an occassional stall once in awhile.

His ex-girlfriend said that she would pay for any damages done. Yes he should press charges on her and take her to court but he won't. He doesn't want to go through all that kind of legal stuff.

If someone did that to my truck, I would have them behind bars.

Thanks.:icon_salu
  8. hoyasaxa

hoyasaxa Member

And I never thought of that for any of my exes.

where was my imagination!!
  9. CRLocky

CRLocky Because I want to

not one.... BUT TWO tampons! Wow. Something must have set her off to shove her spare down there, and still be so pissed to pull the one out of her crotch!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

I doubt much will happen at all. It will not effect the motor but could cause trouble with the fuel injectors over time The fuel filter should catch any fibers and may have to be replaced.

This will not blow an engine. Even the sugar in the gas tank myth is false. A person can cause much more harm by adding somehing to a cars oil, which protects the engine from wear, than to the gas.
  11. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

I dunno if it's funny or sad... If someone were to be injured from a tampon in a gas tank... I think my first reaction would be to laugh... But I wouldn't know if that would damage anything or not..
  12. mfgbypooter

It is hard to tell what kind of damage they might do without knowing what brand they were and whether or not they were used.

13. Atheist Icon

Atheist Icon Member Established Member

The sad thing is that Fuel filters on a Dodge are built into the fuel pump. You cannot just replace the fuel filter you have to replace the entire pump assembly. Fuel pump assembly from the dealer is about $350.

it is kinda funny though.
  14. mfgbypooter

better a tampon to your truck than a knife to your junk.

15. moneoa

moneoa Vita!!!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

What you gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside your trunk?
  16. mfgbypooter

I wonder how much gas a tampon can hold.

17. Aaron_Walkhouse

Aaron_Walkhouse The Legendary Axeman Established Member

None, and they don't dissolve in gasoline so there is no possibility of plugging a filter.
    Even if it did dissolve the fibers would pile up at the water screen and act as a filter.
  18. mfgbypooter

If your woman queef's too much just slip in a tampon and poof, instant muffler!