Stars on MTV may boycott.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by shawners, Mar 19, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

2. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

3. shawners

I honestly dont know.. Maybe thats the problem. The little videos they do play and then cutting the pay.. Im just hopeing they can find talent.. I Mean money by making better music then videos.. and maybe be known as rockstars instead of video stars.

4. Aaron73153

Aaron73153 Member

yay, i hope they boycott, MTV sux!! Maybe then some good artists will be played on mtv.

5. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

The site is down, but I am guessing that it said something about boycotting MTV until it played more videos...

I am going to go further than notbob; if they did play videos they would just be the same bullshit RIAA videos that you saw an hour ago... MTV has always catered to the lowest common denominator, which likes things that suck. Just watch the quality reality programming on the network and be happy.

MTV2 occasionally plays good videos (about 2am) and Fuse does as well (well, not really, it is different shit, but shit nevertheless).

6. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

mtv offered to pay only half of what they normally did to license video playing

not that the videos that they do play (is trl still on?) are worth 1/16 of what they actually do pay

7. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

wow

I always assumed that the companies paid to play the videos... it sells the damned salbums and does nothing for them viewer-wise to play them. They should negotiate so that the record companies pay them to play them... or else they will only play Arista recording artists and Britney is out on her ass...

8. shawners

If i was MTV. I would never offer to pay anything, i would say that you need to pay me for advertising your sucky ass band. They want to be paid to promote their album or to make an art such as a video.. utter bullcrap. SO let me get this straight.. They get paid for all these things.
    Music Videos
    Touring
    merchandising
    Radio and royalties
    stream/webcasting royalties
    Cover songs if someone sings their songs.
    Album sales
    Signing bonus, and money upfront when making an album.. How much do they get when making a video and MTV pays them.. The videos have been known to cost 3 houndred thousand or more.. even million dollars for the higher paid artist.

9. faggotry

faggotry Member

mtv sucks booty

10. towel402

towel402 Member

not a great fan of mtv myself but surely they dont all suck

11. aerosoljunkie84

aerosoljunkie84 God of Leo-ism

mtv sucks. that's all I have to say.
    this is for you, mtv: :finger :finger :finger :finger :finger