Spam Thread Rememberance

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by g-smooth2k, Mar 23, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. g-smooth2k

g-smooth2k PC P2P Tek-A-Zoid

About a year ago there was a thread titled "1111101000 AKA Sexy Spam!". The thread tallied 6,564 Posts and roughly 65,419 views. I don't quite remember the day it was started but it ended around todays date. And it has been a year since it started but it was the longest thread on ZP.

The thread had pictures, poetry, art, humor, and spam.

Some of the members would remember it. Some of the mods at that time did or did not like the thread that much.
    I used to be a former spammer and now I sometimes look out for other spammers in the forums.

Caution: Spammers who Spam will be banned or will get a some sort of warning.

The link to the thread has been sort of termininated.

http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7901

Message Reads:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

NO SPAMMING ALLOWED ON THREAD

This thread can be closed by the mods within a day or two.
  2. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

I remember it like it was only yesterday . . . . . . ahhh the Joy

and Susan

And Leah

and SPAM
  3. bobhss

bobhss Cornerstone 2007

Yeah, I remember that thread. I got in about 20 pages down or so (maybe 40). It was addictive for about a week. I had to check and read the other posts every few hours to keep up. Then it was gone. Everything has an end. Life especially.
  4. serrebi101

serrebi101 Member

I posted stupid, pointless text spam, never for any website, just talking about whatever, lol, I can remember having to page down sooooo many times because of the number of pages, lol.
  5. Kyle06

Kyle06 Member

yes I remember it, I never read it, just kept waiting for it too get off the front page lol
  6. Potato

Potato poe-tay-toe Established Member

That was nuts, every few hours or so there'd be 5 new pages of spam. I think maybe 20 something of my posts are in there.
  7. Skeptikal

Skeptikal .:Protecting the Masses:.

...Remember it... but hated it ;)
  8. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse ZP Troll SWAT Team Established Member

Ahhh......The good old days......
  9. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

Ahhh the spam... many a frog and picture were there...
    By the way, where is the frog? I tried to post it yesterday and it was no longer there...

I loved the Sexy Spam thread; it brought the members together and made us able to "know" each other in a way that most general BBS postings do not.

ZP without the frog is sad...
  10. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

why cant we restart it up =)
  11. Potato

Potato poe-tay-toe Established Member

That's damn near all anyone did for the time that it was open. I'm sure it wasn't too fun for the servers either. At least, I remember that being brought up as a possible issue.

It wouldn't be the same if it were restarted because a bunch of the members that contributed to it and helped make it what it was are no longer here.
  12. g-smooth2k

g-smooth2k PC P2P Tek-A-Zoid

It would not be a good idea to start it up.
    If it was restarted then, it probably would go out of control and become a closed thread. Also, It would stress the servers that operate the site and the amount user plus the bandwith it would take.
    But it was sort of fun while it lasted.

ditto
  13. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius Established Member

ahhhh, my thread :)
  14. Is there a problem with the link? Any reason for its closure? I'd like to see what I missed
  15. The Hunter

The Hunter Janitor

Yup you troll you. J/k
  16. cpugeniusmv

the thread was closed because of the "unruly resource usage."

why was the thread moved to the crib? beats me.
  17. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

Bullshit, this was never established, only speculated.

I even asked Jorge to provide any evidences that this McBobo server couldnt take a few extra posts an hour, or handle the storage of the pics etc, and got squat. You should distinctly remember my saying that this server must be, in reality a TRS80 someone dug out of the garbage if it couldnt handle a little extra work. I saved a great portion of that thread to my own hard drive, and had calculated the total size of the container, even if mirrored or striped etc.

What it boils down to is paying for the hosting by bandwidth and storage, it always boils down to $$ here. It was after the Sexy Spam thread that there were some hardware upgrades etc, my thinking is, so fucking what? Sell a few extra beenies. That thread got ZeroPaid noticed, A LOT. The only other single thing that drew the dreg of the internet to ZeroPaid was Jorge making a public Service announcement. The thread was moved to the crib so it was non accessible to dataminers.

It was fun while it lasted, got closed for being "fun" and to reproduce it, would be like having Woodstock 2004, or celebrating Mardi Gras in Seattle, it would be a fake rip-off wanna-be.

18. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

The spam thread was cool. Glad one is back in another form. It gives a place for everyone to just jabber about fun things and stuff they enjoy. I avoided the sexy spam thread for a long time before I even veiwed it and then it took me an hour to catch up! It was fun times. We need a thread like this to cut down on the silly thread count. Post silly topic here!
  19. cpugeniusmv

i know that, that's why i put "unruly resource usage" in quotations.

i didn't agree with it a bit.
  20. The Hunter

The Hunter Janitor

Ok i will do my best to answer this, as I can view the server load. Im not great at putting it in technical terms, but at times I have observed the server load getting excessive when certain threads were getting viewed a lot. This I have personally witnessed.