South Park Lovers: This sound familiar to ya?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by neoufo51, Apr 5, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. neoufo51

neoufo51 Member

THE RINGER
    (fox searchlight)

Release Date: November 5, 2004
    Director: Barry W. Blaustein
    Cast: Johnny Knoxville, Katherine Heigl, Brian Cox, Zen Gesner, John Taylor
    Plot: This comedy is about two guys who decide to rig the Special Olympics to pay off a debt by having one of them, Steve, pose as a contestant in the games, hoping to dethrone reigning champion, Jimmy. Mentally-challenged high jinks and hilarity surely follow.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/the_ringer/

2. moneoa

moneoa Vita!!!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

ugh thats lame, that was an episode recently too...(not to mention a pretty funny one)
    obvious cash in with ripping off of ideas. Unless the show parodies the movie...oh wait the movie is a comedy too....yeah Ill stick with blatant plagerisim

3. stewiegriffin

stewiegriffin You! Ares! Now!

lol...they have just lifted the plot from Up The Down Steroid haven't they? If Johnny Knoxville was slightly funny this could have been amusing.

4. neoufo51

neoufo51 Member

Well, what I'm saying is that South Park ripped this movie off, because its been 5 months in the making. Who knows...just thought it was funny to post.

5. bobhss

bobhss Cornerstone 2007

Seeing as how South Park always makes fun of stuff in the real world, yeah, I'd bet they found out about it and got the jump on them. I still want to know about episode 2 of season 8. Why the delay? What are they trying to make fun of that needed more time?