Slyck Downtime

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mojo-ris-in, Jan 9, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. mojo-ris-in

mojo-ris-in Cheers Established Member

Hey all I was wondering if anybody knew anything about Slyck being down. It went down late last night and seems to be still down. From what I saw it looks like maybe the database crashed.
  2. isus

isus Member

i noticed that too, but i don't have any 'connections' to nayone on slyck, so i suppose we will hafta wait for slycktom to come around here :-\
  3. mojo-ris-in

Well I can finally get the homepage to load if I wait like 10 minutes but I still can't access the forums
  4. g-smooth2k

g-smooth2k PC P2P Tek-A-Zoid

Maybe they are doing some maintenance on their systems could explain why it sometimes comes up and down.
  5. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

looks like a ddos to me

i still connect intermittently

once just a minute ago
  6. mojo-ris-in

Oh isn't that just lovely.
  7. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

I can't beleive slyck is still down! Has anyone got anyword yet on whats going on over there?
    Heres the latest message I get;

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '-1' for key 2

INSERT INTO slyck_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in) VALUES ('84bcaf6557f578ed59639259d9915d7a', -1, 1073866508, 1073866508, '189f42c3', 0, 0)

Line : 152
    File : /var/www/html/forums/includes/sessions.php
  8. Ken17625

Ken17625 Your best nightmare.

Didn't SlyckTom himself say something about switching to a new host, and to expect things like this?

Perhaps this was a while ago, and doesn't apply, but that's what I thought I seen.
  9. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

I hope thats it. slyck is the only site whenMx seems to want to chat with.
  10. Slycktom

Slycktom Member

Hey all...

Our battle against the web server continues...Unfortunately, Rays off to Europe and I'm in the middle of Oklahoma. So coordinating our efforts across the world has been interesting. Hopefully things will be ok until we are both back in New York and can finally settle this problem. Hang in there with us!

Tom
  11. g-smooth2k

g-smooth2k PC P2P Tek-A-Zoid

I get that error too and sometimes I can access slyck's site.
  12. mojo-ris-in

Ok Cool Tom thanks for the update. I was a bit worried by the 2nd day but it looks like you got everything sorted now. Good to see you guys back :bling