Shareaza upload problem.

Discussion in 'Gnutella' started by Cappadonna, Feb 9, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Cappadonna

Cappadonna Member

Hello, i have just instaled shareaza and i want to share some files, but seems nobody download them and are some good files...what i see is just Hits 15(15) but uploads 0(0)...what i need to do? Are there some settings?I'm behind a router maibe this is the problem...are some settings to do, i have deactivated the firewall to.Thank you!
  2. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It's been a while since I used Shareaza, but I'm pretty sure that there could be other similar files that happened to have more sources. While a search might spot your files, it might be further down on the screen for users looking for similar files. That would be my guess.
  3. Cappadonna

Cappadonna Member

That means no chance for my files to be downloaded...
  4. Drew Wilson

Give it time. Some people download every hit they see, then leave the computer running for days, forgetting about how they are downloading multiple copies of the same thing and wind up downloading something you put up as well.
  5. Cappadonna

Cappadonna Member

Thx for your time i will wait a couple of days...i have one question: You know any p2p program better than shareaza?
  6. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

1 person likes this.
  7. kokanezub

kokanezub Zeropaid Zero-lost Established Member

If you are looking to leech, I would say use "music2pc" Mp2p(Blubster,Piolet,etc) used to be only mp3. Then they added Ogg. Now you can download all types of files. I have never had any luck with shareaza and I must tell you it is NOT firewall friendly even when all ports opened. If you would like to use piolet here is a little tutorial I wrote.

Piolet connects to over 200,000 online users sharing over 50 Million songs. There are no central servers, Or slow connections, But there is Crap-Ware
    When Installing uncheck all add-ons (tool bars.etc)
    After you are done installing make sure Piolet is completely shut down from taskbar as-well.
    1.) We need to locate the Host file in your Windows:
    Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
    Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Windows XP Home c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Windows Vista and 7 c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    For Windows Vista and 7 users must open Notpad with “Run as Administrator“ before edite the Host file, els it won't let you do enny changes at all!
    Add this code into your hosts file after opening it with note pad
    127.0.0.1 ads.piolet.com
    127.0.0.1 www.piolet.net
    Close/Save
    Now you have a free,fast,clean p2p program running on a super charged UPD network.

If you would like to use ares it is good too, Find a good sock5 proxy and use it in the ares network setting.

Remember to use "Peerblock"
  8. ryo_oh_ki

ryo_oh_ki Member

There is not. :wink:

http://shareaza.sourceforge.net/
  9. Drew Wilson

Not for the G2 network anyway. If you are using it to connect to the G2 network, use Shareaza. If you are using it to connect to the ED2K network, use e-Mule instead. If you're using it to download BitTorrent files, use uTorrent or Azureus instead. G2 was not a bad network when I stopped using it and I'm sure it's still not a bad network now - especially since the copyright police are focused on BitTorrent, one-click hosting and occasionally an NZB site these days.
  10. ryo_oh_ki

ryo_oh_ki Member

Shareaza connects to all networks simultaneously.
  11. kokanezub

kokanezub Zeropaid Zero-lost Established Member

I love shareaza bet never had any luck downloading a single file off any of the networks even DC network and ED2k

I am currently using tixati,music2pc I have been able to find everything so far with those 2 programs.