Rising GAS prices and the side effects

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mels_Smileys45, Jun 1, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 20 users.
  1. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

Don't ya have this slow sinking feeling that we're just FUCKED! Riding around this weekend I noticed fewer people on the road, which I actually loved, at a time when the city is usually in a bustle.
    Around my way gas stations are getting jacked like almost everyday. Lots of money around when people have to pay 70 bucks a tank. One station close to me actually closed the door after being hit 4 times in two weeks and one girl getting pistol whipped.

Check out those diesel prices. 5 bucks. How is your food bill recently? Just wait.
  2. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

I don't blame the oil companies, I blame Congress.

And evidently the American people enjoy getting fucked in the ass because they won't stand up and demand action from the do-nothing tree hugging faggots in Washington.

3. Mels_Smileys45

The thing is, the U.S. only gets about 18% of its oil from the middle east. Canada actually supplies about the same yet we point to the middle east as the problem. Mexico offers us 15%. Hmmm who has close ties to Mexico? who is playing the damned stock exchange? Who has their dick in our ass and how many more dicks will fit there before we rise up and say "NO MORE DICK!"? $4 bucks worth of dick is enough for me.
  4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

Yeah I don't think the Democrats really have a plan or really want to do anything. I mean with Democrat members of congress like Maxine Waters saying she wants to socialize the energy industry much like Venezuela. It really shows how out of touch Democrats really are, that comment alone caused the price of gas to go up something like 4 cents.

They will only be able to get so far just demonizing the oil companies. Seems that is the only solution Democrats have is to blame the rich oil companies and republicans.
  5. mfgbypooter

They want to point at everything but the real culprit behind this and that is our own fucked up Government.

Cut the bullshit/red tape restrictions on drilling and development, and build new refineries already. The US has enough oil of it's own if we were only allowed to produce it.

Time to throw ALL the fucking bums on Capital Hill out, Demorats and Repugnacans, and get some real red white and blue blood in there.

6. Feather

Feather Great Spirits's Lost Soul

Amen brother. Not much to add to that
  7. Mels_Smileys45

Its all a big show anyways. The President is a shame, a proxy. The goverment here is a big business and any aspect of "for the people, by the people" went bye bye long time gone.

WTF? NO agency ever gives out that info during on ongoing ivestigation. Riight
  8. Lord_of_the_Dense

Lord_of_the_Dense Deicidic Chipmunk Revue Established Member

Even McDonalds is showing a gradual rise in their prices, most likely due to fuel costs.
  9. kari14

kari14 Member

My professor told me he speculates gas will go up to as high as seven dollars per gallon at the end of this year.

What about the cute polar bears and other Alaskan animals we don't give a crap about??
    Obama promises that if elected, he will protect the enviornment and cut gas use by making it illegal to use electricity after eight pm
  10. El Comandante

El Comandante Merde! Established Member

No, no .... of course not Mel. Didn't you get George W's stimulus check? Were going to be all right now. All we need to do is invade all of these middle east countries with oil and put an oil rig in every back yard and we will be fine. Were the USA after all.... Our president couldn't do anything because of the Democratic congress. THEY are to blame for ALL of this!

The Republican response to everything related to oil prices is that we need more of it. Nothing else. No solutions. No strategy. Nothing. Just drill drill drill...., worship the free market cow and prop up the Saudis. Shortsighted bullshit! They fight taxing the oil industry. They support tax breaks for these companies. They fight conservation efforts. They fight higher mileage requirements for autos. They fight tax credits for people who drive hybrids.

In February of this year the Democrats tried to eliminate $14 billion in tax breaks that the oil companies get every year. The bill also created tax incentives for alternative energy at the commercial and industrial levels. The Republicans (urged by the White House) opposed it all. The oil companies will figure out something.... let the market work... they said. What did you expect when we have a President and Vice President who were both oil company executives. The fox is not only in the hen house... he is running the show.

The high price of oil is not an easy thing to figure out. There is a finite supply. You have demand from India and China, instability in the middle east, hostile governments like Iran and Venezuela, lack of refining capacity at home. You also have the dollar situation.

Oil is sold in dollars all around the world and those who have it have noticed the drop in the dollar and raised prices. As the dollar plunges those who hold them look for investments that will give them a return so they speculate in oil. Oil speculation drives prices up. (This applies to food prices too... see the ridiculous price of rice.... food in general).

In 2004 when the dollar plunged the President made a deliberate decision not to defend US currency. A low dollar would make American exports cheaper which in turn would boost jobs at home. GW would look like a hero because his economic programs would have the appearance of success. Since then GW continues to give big oil and big businesses tax breaks. Deficits are at record numbers. The deficits require us to borrow from other countries and this has dramatically increased the amount of dollars foreign banks are holding. We are on the precipice of something really ugly. Forget $4 a gallon gas. Think $6-8. Oil companies are making astronomical profits and who do you think paid them?

I don't blame the Republicans entirely. Although the Democrats talked the talk... they did little to advance concrete solutions. There was no urgency. Now the situation is here and it is urgent... The Republicans were wrong and continue to be wrong. The Democrats were right and continue to do little to halt the slide. Who is to blame? Look in mirror.

The solution: conservation, alternative fuels, change in behavior..... sacrifice. You haven't even seen the cost of Iraq hit you yet. It has been financed entirely by borrowing. Taxes have not been raised to pay for it. Republican deficit spending has created the illusion that the laws of economics can be suspended. It's magic!

Get ready because there is a big cock about to ram itself up your ass. You have only felt the tip. :icon_salu
    3 people like this.
  11. Mels_Smileys45

Nope. Not yet. That mother humper
  12. Potato

Potato poe-tay-toe Established Member

Historians are already considering GW the worst president in history. I can't wait to deal with the aftermath of his shit. It's like he thinks the United States is his personal playground to fuck with, and he treats it that way.
  13. w31n3r

w31n3r Zeropaid Irregular Established Member

it's a global crises, i feel the pinch as much as any of you. i remember reading that fuel prices are actually over 60% of what they should be, the rest being speculation of what might happen tomorrow, and insurance. how convenient.

though my ass is still bleeding from my visit to the fuel station this morning, i'm happy it's all come down to this. necessity is the mother of invention, and we have to find and start using other alternatives. maybe the day is not far off when everyone switches to alternative fuel, and all those oil companies will be sitting on their zillions of barrels of speculated fuel begging for someone to buy it. thats one c*ck i'd like to shove up their ass.
  14. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Completely agreed. Don't like the Democrats or Republicans? Vote for someone else. Who cares if they "don't stand a chance at getting elected"? If enough people think the same way, they actually will get elected.
  15. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

It's $1.36 per/litre where I live in western Canada.

4 x litres = 1 gallon $5.44
  16. rocket357

rocket357 Member

Very well put. If I had a dollar for gas and some rep to give you, they'd be yours heh.

The day is coming when alternative fuels (biodiesel looks interesting, IMHO) crush the oil companies too wrapped in a 200 year profit game to notice the damage they're doing to us all.

As for Congress, well, I'm against government intervention. Price caps and floors do nothing more than to throw supply and demand even more off balance, potentially giving the oil mongers more leverage to scrape every dime up they can. Congress already has enough power, why give them the opportunity to screw more stuff up?
  17. mfgbypooter

That's exactly `what the American people want, or they wouldn't be voting for Obama.

18. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Really? I thought $2.85 was more than enough...

@ El C-

"You must spread some love around before giving it to ..."
  19. ROMANTICGUY50

ROMANTICGUY50 Share The Love & A Smile Established Member

Yeah he does. He is the worst president ever. Wish they would have impeached him His policies hurt a lot of people.
  20. hightimes

hightimes WHO DEY

we will have another civil war if this shit does'nt stop