rapidshare rapids system is indeed cheaper now.

Discussion in 'Problems & Questions' started by bungalow1, Sep 4, 2010.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. bungalow1

bungalow1 Member

i read thoroughly about rapidshare's new rapids system and purchased 400 rapids and finally figured out that it's indeed cheaper.

we used to pay 15 bucks per month to subscribe rapidshare, right? now it's 10 bucks for 4 months, let's see.

99 rapids is monthly cost now, which gives 30gb download a month, which is the same as before.

you buy whatever amount of rapids (i bought 400, which was the cheapest) let's say 400, use 99 rapids for the month, then use another 99 rapids for the next month then so on. after 4 months, you're gonna have 4 rapids remaining. then buy another 400 rapids, which will take another 4 months to use it all. and 4.99 euro is pretty much 10 american dollars.

400 rapids = 4 months subscription.

that's all. they just got rid of month-by-month subscription. and now 4 month subscription is cheaper than 1 month subscription before.

i think people need to understand before they bash.
  2. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

Who cares about paying for one month or four? It defeats the purpose of what this site stands for, Zero Paid! as in nada, nothing, ziltch, fuck all. I pay for my ISP, that's it.

I think what people need to understand is that it's just a scam to get more money rolling in. I find everything I'm looking for on bittorrent and for free, not counting my monthly ISP bill, of course.
  3. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

If you are paying money for filesharing, then you are robbing the creators of the work you are copying. A one-time fee may be acceptable, but if you are paying for a service, then anything you download becomes a product of that service and therefore you paid for a product without paying the original creators. Bad! Bad! Bad!

Filesharing is only acceptable if you were never going to buy (therefore, spend money) on the original work. The responsible thing to do is if you like what you have downloaded, you buy it legitimately later. It's a way to put control into the consumer's hands for the distribution of content without ripping anyone off.

I think people need to understand that before they throw money at something that didn't earn it.
  4. Boomer The Dog

Boomer The Dog Anthropomorphic

Rapidshare are hustlers

I'm sure that any of us would have liked to have thought of the web locker idea. I would have made some bucks with it and then cashed out, and then did a cooler project.

It's just another way to transfer files, but the whole business model is based on getting you to sign up and pay for access with real money, and being as annoying as heck trying to do it.

It's like a bag of tricks, timers and speed limits that gets you involved in a game, and the only way to win that game is to pay money. We know how engaging and addictive games can be.

All of that, plus it seems like if you pay, you're helping to subsidize all of the people who use the site as freeloaders, so you're getting a lot less value from your membership, Right?

Boomer
  5. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

ezekiel returns
  6. kokanezub

kokanezub Zeropaid Zero-lost Established Member

What is the future of news groups? Any free ones? Being a pirate I cannot and will not shell a single penny for anything every! Havnt done so and not planning on doing so.
  7. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

I have never, and I mean ever sold, bartered nor demanded services for any kind of file someone asked me for that I had.
    Those that have asked for such and wanted to reimburse me for my efforts, I told them to move on and thank you but "NO"!
    That goes for people that wanted to give me somekind of favor, or gratuity for sharing some kind of file that I had that they wanted.
    END OF STORY AND END OF TRANSMISSION!!!!!!
  8. napho

napho Antisocial Bastard Established Member

The future of Usenet is fairly good, and there were some good free ones last year, but they've closed to new members. Also, the cause is true, just, and noble. :wink:

[​IMG]
  9. kokanezub

kokanezub Zeropaid Zero-lost Established Member

haha noble indeed my friend. I like to have sex with my socks on, I dont see whats the big deal its just be in front of my computer :lol: