Question for Krell

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by freeloader767, Nov 18, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Hello all,

I have visited this site for several years this is my first thread. Im sure you all know by now that the mpaa is filing lawsuits across the US. I just happen to use bittorrent quite alot.I have been reading multiple threads here trying to ascertain what I should do about it. Krell seems like one of the more knowledgeable posters. Therefore the question is directed towards him.

I have enclosed the link to this program and am hoping you can take a look at it and telll me how you feel about it.

http://www.findnot.com/?2_anonymous_file_sharing

Thanks
  2. Malicious Intent

Malicious Intent People on my cool list...

Krell left the site months ago. He has a new life elsewhere now.
  3. hmmm, well then can anyone answer this qquestion for me? It would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Siskabush

Siskabush ZP Trancecore Cussin

Hmm, seems like a scam site offering proxy servers and a false sense of security.
    You can get proxy servers for free. Also im pretty sure some or most file sharing programs dont let you use proxy servers.

Im pretty sure the MPAA could tracert and link you to the proxy.

As for BitTorrent, its a gray area. Considering you are not sharing the whole movie/music file and just bits and pieces, they shouldnt be able to sue you. But if you share once you get the complete file, then they can bust you.
  5. hawkburn

hawkburn Yup...

That website you listed in your first post, I'm about 99.99% sure is a scam. Anything using crappy looking graphics, big colored text, and asking for money is fake. You cannot anonymize file-sharing 100%, at least not on the popular main-stream >10 user clients.

Your best bet would probably be to lay low on one of the smaller networks. Remember though, that leeching is not the answer, as if everyone did that, file-SHARING would not exist. This is not directed to you in particular, but everyone.

Good luck, and welcome to posting (and not being a lurker :D ) to ZeroPaid.
  6. Well

Well I mainly use Direct Connect, running with peer guardian. This "Outpost" firewall sounds pretty darn good especially if you can have pguardian and protowall lists built into it.

One of the other readers mentioned that your only sharing bits&pieces of the file. I tend to agree with this statement.....unless you leave the share open for an extended period of time. Regardless, I think using bittorent on a smaller network would be a far better idea then suprnova still I just dont want any letters coming from my ISP. nor do i want a mpaa lawsuit.

I think you guys are probably correct about the site offering proxies.

I usually have DC running all the time, up until now. So yes currently im sort of leeching until I can find an adequate security/s solution that i can live with.Until such time ill just have to go to the library and rent more dvd's there.......free as well just not as up to date as what bittorrent offers :bk
  7. Lord_of_the_Dense

Lord_of_the_Dense Deicidic Chipmunk Revue Established Member

Spelled "Latitude" wrong, you tards.

Last I checked it was Windows.
  8. muskrat_love

muskrat_love I SPAM FOR FOOD!!

Good rule of file sharing: If you have to pay, its a SCAM!
  9. What?

How can you make an assumption like that?
  10. napho

napho Antisocial Bastard Established Member

I'm guessing scam or them using stolen bandwidth since it seems like a question of economics. If the proxy they offer gives you the same speed as a typical broadband connection, how can they do it only charging $10 instead of the usual $40 or so? The best advice is to shell out the $10 and test it thoroughly. If it's compatible with torrent trackers, look at the leecher/seed lists to see how your ip shows up. Connect with your friends 1on1 with other p2p programs and have them see what your ip is, either in the program or with a netstat look. Test endlessly for the entire month.
    If this thing actually hides your ip and gives you the speed you want, then it's worth the $ if you don't mind the outlay.
  11. muskrat_love

I assume that simply because its called file SHARING and not file BUYING. Two different things I think.
  12. hmmm

Excellent advice thanks!,,

muskrat i see your point. Im starting to view it as filebuying.........I dont mind shelling out a few bucks to avoid lawsuits. I love file sharing because it allows me to watch movies and tv when i want to watch it with no damn COMMERCIALS. I also buy software once in a while I even bought Doom 3 then sold it on ebay. Still thats something. Im not a total thief.
  13. muskrat_love

Even if you pay for the program it doesn't make the files you download legal.
    1 person likes this.
  14. Wolfie

Wolfie Aku Soku Zan

Yea, I doubt of any of these sites pay royalties to the RIAA.
  15. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

Isn't it about time for another Krell sighting?

16. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

Weird, I woke up after 3:00 in the morning, felt compelled to log in here and saw this.

17. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

Holy crap! Krell sighting confirmed.
  18. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

Hopefully those compulsions of his will continue, as Krell is more than welcome here anytime.

19. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

It would be good to see some old regulars stir up the pot a bit around here.
  20. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

THX R&R

If I wanted to stir a pot, I would stir a much bigger pot than ZP though. Stirring here is like adding cream to your tea.

Has anyone noticed that there is a VyprVPN advert on the main page? If they're such tight-asses about their TOS then why are they even allowed to have an ad here?

What service is it exactly that they are supposed to provide to the P2P community? https://www.goldenfrog.com/terms-of-service

So, speaking of a VPN, or SSLVPN . . . why do you not have these conversations here? You're still whoring out BT invited to the little F$#!t@rds hand over fist, but no one is conversing about secure tunnels and\or seedboxes? (except trolls signing up and trying to sell them)

I find this odd that I see those conversations pretty much BUT here.

Why is there 2 links for WEB HOSTING at the bottem of the main forum page? vBulletin 4 got your goose?

Drew is online now, Hi Drew . . . currently viewing Thread: Windows has detected the following security threat: uTorrent