Password software

Discussion in 'Desktop' started by Incognito17, Apr 18, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Incognito17

Incognito17 Guest

Can anyone recommend a good and RELIABLE application for managing login, passwords, and other such information. For years I used a table I created in Word. That worked, but was cumbersome. Then I bought a application called Data Guardian from Koingo Software. This worked well and I transfered a lot of data to it. Then, suddenly, Data Guardian quit working and I got a message that it was corrupt. I had two backups on other drives, and those did not work either. I opened a service ticket with Koingo Software, and after three weeks and numerous messages they have failed to respond. I am trying to rebuild all that I have lost, but it is an unbelievable hassle.

I need a password application I can rely on. I work on a Mac. Can you help? Thanks.
  2. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

You could try LastPass.

"LastPass Universal Windows Installer
    The Universal Windows installer installs browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. It also allows you to easily create a LastPass account and import your existing passwords. It's the best way to install LastPass on Windows. The 64 bit installer includes 32 bit IE installer.
    Supports Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2.0+, Chrome 7+."

Its free...